Don't Leave | Teen Ink

Don't Leave

By B1ackAnge1 SILVER, Darrington, Washington
B1ackAnge1 SILVER, Darrington, Washington

Make the best out of the worst situation.

Giving up and losing hope are two of the many things I know how to do. Learning to love and trust again are the most difficult. I have been hurt and betrayed and you know everything. You treated me like you cared and now I'm stuck here suffering because I didn't see through the lies you told.

You know things no one else knows and now I have a fear that you will betray me again. You knew I was scared and you played that to your strength, you played a game that I've never seen before but trust me I won't make that mistake again. I have learned your game and this is the last time I will feel this way. You have made me numb and I don't like the way I feel, I want to be able to smile and mean it.

Around you I never pretended, I was always real so why did you lie to me? You know to much about me and I was always scared, I was stupid enough to trust you after all I've been through. I have never felt this way before, I have always been able to hide my pain and anger but I can't with how I feel now.

It scares me to know that I'm vulnerable now. My defenses won't return if I stay in this state forever I may eventually die, but for now I'll survive. I have realized now why I feel like this and it's because I don't want to it to be true, I want your friendship. For a long time I depended on myself.

I hid from the world and now I always will. No matter how much I try I can't cry. I go on smiling and laughing like nothing can destroy when in reality I'm already torn apart. I feel trapped and I'm scared, you put me through a lot. No matter what you did I still trusted you.

Please, I'm begging you, don't leave me like this. I have to protect someone but like this I can't even protect myself. I asked you not to lie to me, I asked you tell me the truth. I know you meant what you said but do you mean it now? Will I be able to if that's what I need? You already answered me question by abandoning me. I will ask you this one last question: did you really love me?

I wrote this for all those who have been told they were loved and then betrayed. I know it hurts but if you keep fighting you'll get through.

RyanTyler PLATINUM, Windsor, Connecticut

"A myth is a religion in which no one no longer believes." James Feibleman

Very powerful, I like it.

i wrote this towards my ex best friend and my parents so i dont think your horrible at all

LaceeJade GOLD said...
LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio

♥ I've made mistakes in my life. i've let people take advantage of me, and i accepted way less than i deserve. But, i've learned from my bad choices, and even though there are some things i can never get back and people who will never be sorry. i'll know better next time and i wont settle for anything less than i deserve. ♥

I Really Like This. Your Good. Alot Of People Can Relate & Count Me One Of Them.

LoveSickenedRebel GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

"Why does everyone think I need a man? Look if you find a guy who is decent, good with kids and has respect for women, call me." "It is better to have loved, than to have never loved at all."

Thanks for writing this. I felt the same way about this god awful jerk and now I hope he knows what I've been through. I will never let him into my life agian. Now I know that feelings truly gone.

BaileyBaby13 BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington
Thank you so much for writing this, it's exactly how I feel. But not towards an ex-friend or ex-boyfriend...toward my parents. I know that makes me sound completely horrible but no one else knows what's gone on, so please don't judge...