Finding a true friend | Teen Ink

Finding a true friend

June 1, 2010
By Smitha BRONZE, Chennai, California
Smitha BRONZE, Chennai, California
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is incomplete without true friends...


I am Smitha and this is an incident from my life....

I love school...and i score pretty well.But last year it was class change and that meant SPLITTING OF FRIENDS in my school.


All of a sudden i was left alone and i had to get some new friends.
I am popular so there is always a crowd around me.so i just made friends whom i thought were cool(my bad).At first everything was normal and those girls were always around me and then all of a sudden i had a fight with a friend.Boom Boom boom...

There was a major discussion about who gets to hang around with me and who gets to go with kelly(name changed here).All of them chose me and to tell the truth i felt bad for Kelly and i asked the girls to go with her they followed my advice and hence proceeded. I was sad too because Kelly had mistaken me for something i didnt do..first i felt very bad and apologised to her too..but she became stone hearted.Then i got used to it.Actually that is a lie,as i mentioned before i am extreme in both love and hate and i loved her as a friend and it was difficult to ignore her.Finally 1 day i went and asked her sorry and tears rolled down my cheeks.


And then everything was going well..or atleast i thought so..When suddenly everyone in my gang started writing graffiti about me..

And when i thought things wouldnt go worse..The vice principal called me and was asking why someone would do this to me?
I didnt tell her who did it because i really didnt want to give up on those girls even though they hurt me...
Then i lost my temper..I just went to them and shouted like hell broke loose...and the gang broke..or i can say i broke from the gang...

I was very sad and i needed somebody to help me..that is when one of my friends named Mike helped me out from that situation..Now hes my best friend and i finally realised who bluffs and who is a true friend................


The author's comments:
Basically i am a very friendly girl with a slightly disturbed temper..Both my love and hate are extreme and i hate back stabbers..I trusted a few people who cheated me and thats when i realised who are my friends and who are not......