Played by the Phantom dream | Teen Ink

Played by the Phantom dream

By KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana
KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

"Tormented by the demon of literature." ~ Gaston Leroux, author of the Phantom of the Opera

He walked into the room, his eyes gleaming in pleasure. I was frightened. I watched him carefully as he made his way towards me. My parents weren’t home. We were the only two here. My eyes never left his as he took his seat by me on the bed.

“Are you scared?” he whispered, leaning in close to my ear. I nodded, terrified. He chuckled darkly. “Good.”

His hand rested on my waist. I trembled as he stroked it gently. The warmth of his lips touched my cheek. My heart raced. Every ounce of my body desired him, but my mind was screaming “NO! He’s dangerous!!” I wanted to run. To leave. I knew I wasn’t safe here. His mouth moved to my neck. Oh God, it was like he knew. He knew where I wanted him to be. The hand on my waist moved to my thigh. Suddenly, I found my voice.

“No!!!”

I scooted away from him, one arm around my stomach and a hand on my neck. He smiled.

“Don’t you want me?” he asked, the seductive tone in his voice grasping my heart. I lost my voice again, but I shook my head “no” in response. His smile quickly melted. “Nobody wants me. They all turn me down. But you…. You’ve made it farther than the others.” He came closer to me. I tried to move away, but my back struck the wall. “You know me. Better than anyone else does. And you know you do. You act much older than you are. Every riddle I gave you, you shot one back without hesitation.” His tone was demonic, and his eyes flared in the darkness. His hands were on either side of my head, trapping me against the wall. “They all hate me, don’t they? Those friends of yours? I don’t care. I don’t care about them. I only care about you… what you think of me. What goes through your mind when I touch you, talk to you! Tell me now, what am I to you? An angel? A monster? Tell me!”

I had started to cry. He was scaring me so badly… but there was something in his voice that made it impossible to leave…

The Angel of Music is not an angel at all... he is far more dangerous than he seems.

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

You are welcome. And you are a wonderful writer.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison

Yeah...I prolly should change that about myself...but...I have different things to worry about. So yeah...and thanks...=)

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Of course, if I could just offer you a bit of advice... you may want to go over any criticism you want to post. You're not the nicest critic I've ever met, but certainly not the worst either. And by the way... where I live, there are scheduled thunderstorms tomorrow. I shall be thinking of you through them all.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

Well, I hope so too. Being a negative grumpy person doesn't sound all that fun. =)

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

I would be delighted to. Please take no offense, for I see you differently now, but at first glance, while reading forums, I noticed how negative you were with how you responded to nearly anything. It seemed... especially with relationships you had the problem. I decided to take a look at your work, and then I asked about the thunderstorm. At first, it seemed you were a bit irritated with me, until I explained my theory of how it had a deeper meaning. I believe I've found the real you. At least... I should hope that your negativity isn't exactly the topmost of your personality. Forgive me if I offended you, again.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

...would you explain that?...

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

No, but it has become clear to me now that people are not always as they seem. Especially in your case, if you don't mind my saying. I find your sudden change intriguing.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

Do you want to talk about what happend I understand if you don't.

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Please believe me when I say, you're not the only one. I've been there. Voices in your head from people you've never known nor did they ever exist. But in my case, I have both. The lighthearted, yet mad sense of possesion in my mind, and the cruel twist of reality, playing drama to its fullest in a matter of an hour over the phone.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

I'm kinda crazy though

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

Yes...except...this is in my mind. Not an actual person...

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Do you? So you have him then too. The Phantom of the Opera, as promoted in my title. The Angel of Music. Not a sinner, but a false saint.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

Actually...yes I do...

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Remember how I told you about the horrors that a voice could do to you over the phone? He did. This how I felt, even though I've never met him face-to-face. Never saw his eyes. But this... I felt this for days after our conversation. He's still there. Every night. Tell me, have you ever been haunted so badly, so discreetly, that you felt you could never escape the grasp of your executor?

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

This...just wow. It's really good.