A Love So Sweet (Chapter One. More to come!) | Teen Ink

A Love So Sweet (Chapter One. More to come!)

By KaitlynnNicole PLATINUM, Heyworth, Illinois
KaitlynnNicole PLATINUM, Heyworth, Illinois

From me: "The Point of writing isn't so others can understand what's going on in your mind. It's so you can understand what's going on inside yourself."

By me: "Who needs you when I have these yellow lines on this road?"

My pale cheeks blushed crimson as I realized that Shane was looking towards me. I ever so shyly looked down at my desk, trying to hide the strange unwanted color in my cheeks. Shane slowly got up to sharpen his pencil and as he walked by my desk, his hand brushed mine. I couldn’t help but shiver a little, while goose bumps danced along my arm, as if they knew they were needed there at that precise moment.

I had had a crush on Shane since I moved here in the sixth grade. He had been in my class, and I had immediately fallen for him. Back then, no one would ever look at the little blonde girl who was unsure of anything she said or did. I mean, who would pay any attention, and let alone flirt with, the brown eyed girl who only talked when she was answering a question. Not now though. No, now the only thing guys could do was whistle when I walked by. They would stare at me during class, making me feel out of place, and even getting me in trouble for it.

Yesterday, in fourth hour Language, Travis had been looking at me for just a little too long. Our teacher, Mrs. Coughlin, had told me that if I were to be a distraction to him again, that I would have to leave the class.

“Ms. Ratora, perhaps you would like to answer the question since you seem to be so bluntly staring off into space,” challenged my math teacher, Mr. Bishop. He was my favorite teacher, although he didn’t teach my favorite subject.

I felt all the eyes in the room turn towards me.

“Ohm… well… Gee… the answer is obviously twenty, Mr. Bishop. The formula clearly states that…” I was cut off mid sentence by Grace Torrance.

“Well, obviously the answer is twenty and obviously either she took a lucky guess Mr. Bishop, or she cheated off my paper. What do you think?” Said Grace in her sly little way that she has.

“I think, Ms. Torrance, that Faith Ratora has a very canny ability to stay tuned in, and tuned out, at the same time,” Mr. Bishop said with a smile.

“Mr. Bishop! I really think that…” Grace said quickly, but was then cut off by the teacher.

“My answer is final, Ms. Torrance,” replied Mr. Bishop haughtily. I noticed that Grace managed to slouch back into her chair, pout, and still stay as beautiful as ever.

Grace was definitely the most beautiful and envied girl in our grade. She had wavy chestnut hair, which reached her mid back. She had captivating blue eyes and a gorgeous smile that would intimidate any boy, experienced in the dating world or not. It was because of all those things for which I despised her.

Bring!

“Alright class! That was the bell! Remember that we have a test tomorrow! Don’t forget to study! You may use a four by four note card! Have a good night!”