The End | Teen Ink

The End

March 2, 2010
By laughter222 GOLD, East Northport, New York
laughter222 GOLD, East Northport, New York
10 articles 5 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
the best things in life are always unseen
that's why we close our eyes when we
kiss, cry, and dream.


White, that’s all I see. Lights blinding my vision. I can’t see anything. Two low notes are all I hear. One coming from me, one coming from the white light. I watch the world around me fly by in slow motion. The sign that clearly tells me to slow down, the trees that seem to be swaying in warning, the road that curves into a sharp hair-pin turn. I see the rocks on the side of the mountain calling my name to join them. I hear the high-pitched screech of the wheels. The white light is getting closer, the noise getting louder. I look just above the light and see a face. It’s a man who looks panicked; his face is a reflection of my emotions. I feel my foot smashing on the pedal, the movement of my foot starts to halt the car. But it takes too long, it’s too late. The white light and noise collides with my noise and lights. I feel the pressure, I hear the shattering glass and the bending of metal. I feel the force pushing me off the cliff. I hear the screeching of a truck. I look up to see the sign and white lights getting further and further above me. The rocks invite me in…

The author's comments:
Had to write a suspense story.