No More Dancing... | Teen Ink

No More Dancing...

March 2, 2010
By Rae_Flies_with_Byrds GOLD, Avondale, Arizona
Rae_Flies_with_Byrds GOLD, Avondale, Arizona
10 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.
-Edgar Allan Poe


Glass hits the floor. It shatters, and scatters across the expanse of hardwood flooring. The colored glass sits in a bath of my tears as I try to pick up the broken pieces. My fingers prick and cut on sharp edges, but the feeling of pain is numbed. As my battle-scarred heart bleeds from a freshly opened wound, I pick up the flowers. The flowers are beautiful. A rich red, that turns slightly darker on the tips. My heart breaks while tears refresh a new.

I give up.

My hazel eyes are blood shot and worn out. My hair, once pretty and shiny has gone dull and ugly. My skin greased with tears and smeared makeup. Blood cakes my fingers and scabs form over cuts. My dress and shoes wet and stained. Not caring anymore, I lay down in the glass and flowers. The pool of water-cools my hot back and cheek as I press it to the floor.

I suck one painful breath after another, wishing it didn’t have to be so. My nails scrape the skin that’s covering my heart till it bleeds and I swear I can’t take it anymore.

I stay until my tears fall no more. I have no more tears left to cry. I stay until I can bleed no more. There is no more blood to give. I stay until I can breathe no more. There is no more air to hold. I stay until I can love no more. Though my heart was already stolen away.

How dare you leave me here, to bleed on the dance floor.