The Bully | Teen Ink

The Bully

By Mitch SILVER, Newcastle, California
Mitch SILVER, Newcastle, California

"Don't do drugs, don't have unprotected sex, and don't be violent. Leave that to me.
-Eminem

I sat in my chair fidgeting. I didn't hear a word my teacher said. I had heard that a kid wanted to fight me after school. I kept replaying the conversation in my head. "Dude, this kid wants to fight you." His friend John had told him at lunch. "Uhh, I can't fight..." I had replied. John had merely shrugged and walked away. Great friend you are.

Well I was really scared now. It was only 15 minutes until school got out and he was supposed to fight me when it ended. I swallowed hard and tried to focus on an escape route home. There were none. I closed my eyes and pictured a happy place, but then I opened them when a kid jumped out of a bush and started punching me. My eyes darted from the door to the clock. My only hope was to race home and hope he didn't stop me.

Ring!!! I tossed my books into my backpack and slung it over my shoulder. I almost tripped over my chair as I sprinted for the door. I felt my chest moving in and out rapidly as I ran for the front double doors. I slammed through them and collapsed on the ground outside. I looked up at the sky and smiled. I was free! That is until John came over and helped me up. "Oh you came... That was stupid. Oh well, there he is. Try not to cry." He pointed left in the direction of an adult. Except, he wasn't an adult. The adult-kid loomed toward me. When he was only an foot away I winced in pain. He hadn't even punched me yet. "Hey man, uhh, I can't fight so please, don't beat me up. I just want to go home." He said. I looked him dead in the eye. "That's right!" I said. "Cuz you don't want none of this!" He walked away.

Vanished BRONZE, Change, Colorado
"The Bully" is trivial, and does not deserve praise or false delusions. You could improve, though, and I will happily celebrate that! I will confess that it was an honest piece of work undilated by fantasy. Good luck! -DEMON Age:17