The House In The Woods | Teen Ink

The House In The Woods

By kayleefaith PLATINUM, Norman, Oklahoma
kayleefaith PLATINUM, Norman, Oklahoma

A long gravel driveway leads up to the sunny yellow house. Not so much a home… just a house, but happy in its own unique way. Lining the driveway, four skinny trees sit on lush green grass that leaks into the rocks. They cast four long shadows across the sea of uncared for grass. Behind the apple roof and blue trim, woods are made up of tree limbs stretching up and over the house. The air is crisp and clean. It’s the kind of cool air that bites your nose as you first walk outside. The blue overhang shelters the two little cars from rays of sunshine and blue skies. A single marshmallow puff escapes from the horizon of trees and peeks into the blue. The yellow concrete fence acts as the only barrier between the two joined houses with a lonely red gate as the sole entrance. The air is calm with just enough breeze to tickle the leaves on the trees and make them dance a small jig. A lonely green lawn chair sits against the bright yellow background of the house. Little white specs of weeds dust the green lawn like fresh snow. Searching and digging by the road is a small tan dog, happily wagging his tail in excitement. A blue silled window with closed blinds is the only known entrance to the house, and no front door can be seen. Thus leaving the house empty, and alone.

This was an English assignment given by one of my favorite teachers, Ms. Herrera! She showed us a picture of a house (the one described) and told us to write everything we could about it.