All I Could Hear was Silence | Teen Ink

All I Could Hear was Silence

By unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia
unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be" -anonymous

I sit in my car, waiting for you to come out. My sunglasses are perched on the top of my head, waiting for the moment that they will cover my eyes from your view. I adjust the rearview mirror in my friend’s car, positioning just right so I could see you come out of your house.
You stroll out casually and hop in that stupid pickup truck of yours. I watch silently as you back out; you pass by me without noticing. I slip my shades on and start to follow you. I stay a few feet back, not wanting you to see me.
Suddenly you stop at a house and walk up to the door. I notice you have a rose in your hand. The same kind of rose you gave me a month earlier. You knock on the door, waiting and twirling the rose in your fingers. Light floods the lawn as a girl skips out and throws her arms around your neck. You hug her back, squeezing gently.
I gape as you grasp her hand and lead her out to your truck. You open the door for her and she jumps into the cab. Quickly, you get into the driver’s side and speed down the street. I follow you again until you stop at the carnival. You help her out and lead her to the entrance. I grab my baseball cap and jump out of my friend’s car before you could disappear.
I pay my fee and watch as you throw a baseball at bottles stacked on top of each other. You win and give your prize- a teddy bear-to her, smiling. I frown and keep watching silently as you both walk around hand in hand. You buy her cotton candy and help her at the ring toss. You ride in the Ferris wheel and she clings to you, scared of the height. She laughs and swats you on the arm playfully. I remember when I did that to you.
I couldn’t take any more of this. I walked out of the carnival, our carnival, to your truck. With my key I wrote out my name on the sides and front of the truck. The scratching of the metal against metal calmed my nerves and I felt my shoulders relax.
I turned around just to see you come out with your arm slung around her shoulders. She stops you at the entrance and pushes you against the fence. You and I knew what was going to happen next. You lean down and press your lips to hers. I silently take of my hat, letting my hair free, and take off my sunglasses. I lean against your car door, waiting for you to look up. When you did, I saw your beautiful brown eyes widen and your mouth drop open.
I didn’t hear the carnival around me. I didn’t hear the shouting of the girl beside you and I definitely didn’t hear the sound of the cars rushing by me. All I could hear was silence. I shook my head, disappointed, and let a few warm tears slide down my cheeks. It took all the courage I had to stop crying and walk away. Which I did.

Why do boys have to be like this?

BeautifulSimplicity BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

We keep it light, until it's time to go dark. Then we go pitch black.

WOW i had the same thing happen to me, but i put ur a lying, cheating scumbag, who need to get a life 0.o

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

no, its ok. i felt like my heart cracked in half. i wanted to go back home and cry. surprisingly i didnt though, i sat in the bleachers with one of my guy friends and he told me i could do better than him, and i knew he was right

O! I'm sry! But that's funny! Probably not for the guy but just a quick question.....how did you feel afterwards? Sry if that is too personal. You don't have to answer that.

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

i had a similar thing happen to me! except it was at a football game and i syran wrapped his car and locked his keys in the car so he had to walk home in the cold!

Thanks! I wrote this after my friend broke up with her boyfriend after he cheated on her.

tina.joanne SILVER, Califon, New Jersey
Wow this is awesome! Too many girls have the same story...

The reader! said...
yea...you should look into it....i just love reading realistic fiction romances...they are the best!

Thanks! Maybe I should! I might just gather all my short stories and add them together....haha! Only time will tell!

The reader! said...
really! that's funny...you should really think about publishing some of your work as a book...i would totaly buy it....

right after I wrote this, that song came on! haha! it was so funny

The reader! said...
I loved that...it remined me of Before he cheats...the song were she gets mad and ruins her ex boyfriends car...nice work!