Sudden Movements | Teen Ink

Sudden Movements

September 22, 2009
By Bassoonkelley GOLD, Tampa, Florida
Bassoonkelley GOLD, Tampa, Florida
15 articles 0 photos 49 comments

1:13
The liquor burns and scratches its way down my throat, but the watery feeling in my head makes up for the unpleasantness.
You see, it's easier to make stupid, poorly thought-out decisions when you're drunk, because you know when someone asks you the next day "wtf @ last nite?!" you can simply reply with "I was drunk".

Any other explanation has too many words to text.
He closed the door behind him, asking me where my roommate was.
"She's at her boyfriend's" I reply monotonously,"...for the night."
He small talks at me for a bit, until I get bored. I switch on some music, singing along and picking up the cups and trash from the night before.
"God, it's been so long since I've seen you!".
Genius.
I pick up a half-empty bottle of pineapple soda and fill it to the top with vodka.
I take a long swig.
God, what is this, a seven dollar handle?
I take a sip from his drink, which is even stronger than mine.

1:47
He lays down, leaving a space for me next to him.
I methodically turn the TV to louder music, turn off the light, and get comortable next to him.
He wraps his arms around my shoulders, pulling me in closer to him.
I let him.
He pulls his shirt off with one hand, and kisses me right when I am about to say something.
He's a lifeless kisser
I bite at his lower lip and trace my fingers around his jaw just to make things interesting.
He shivers slowly.

A lot of my bedmoves are really intimate, so sometimes it feels a little weird with the one who I barely knew, or the ones who I'd known some time ago.

2:20
Running my hands up and down his chest, I wrap my legs around his and pull myself on top of him.
He appreciates where this is going.
He asks 'the question'; wordlessly I get up from the bed, exit the room, and walk to the other side of the dorm where we have a community box of them for these exact scenarios.
Before returning to bed, I slip off my Lady Hanes.
Boxer briefs are meant for women, in my opinion. They're so much more fun.

3:27
He falls asleep after, and I go to the bathroom to fix myself up before heading downstairs for a cigarette.
A few members of the usual crowd are down there, and I might as we'll've handed them a play-by-play of my night, because that is usually what a 3 a.m. cigarette means.
The one girl asks a couple questions, but the two guys don't.
They've been the one who's asleep upstairs before.

4:06
Once the cold is too much for me to stand I head back inside.
The taller guy follows me in.
He grabs me by the arm, gently, as I'm about to ascend the stairs.
"Hey, I had fun the other night"
"And?" I sort of make it a statement rather than an inquiry
"Annnnnd I think we should try it again sometime."

I smirk at him and pull him closer by the front of his jeans.
"Yeah...?" I whisper, as I lean upwards and in as if I was about to kiss him.
He swallows and nods briefly.

I turn and begin to hike up the stairs, "I'll see if I can work you in."
I deliver that line with a turn of the head, smile, wink, hair flip.
God, I miss my mom.


The author's comments:
eh.
It's okay.