unanswered | Teen Ink

unanswered

August 12, 2009
By Distraction DIAMOND, Leesburg, Virginia
Distraction DIAMOND, Leesburg, Virginia
73 articles 0 photos 0 comments

So I’m not perfect, but who is? And I don’t have all the answers, but who does?


I am only a fifteen year old girl trying to figure out what this world is really about. And from what I’ve seen and pieced together so far I am really not quite sure. But then again I know there are so many others out there wondering and trying to do the same thing. It doesn’t matter what your skin color is, where you come from, or how much money you do or don’t have, in this way we are all alike.

There are so many answers out there waiting to be found. The question is who is going to find them and where will they be found? And many of us have the same questions, so will some of us find the answers and the rest still wait to find them? Even questions like this we may never know. But we can keep searching, hoping that one day we might find them.

Haven’t you ever wondered why people turn to things that inflict pain on themselves and the people who surround them? Why they’ve turned to drugs, alcohol, pills, sex, cutting, suicide, and everything else out there? Maybe it numbs the pain for awhile, but it does always come back. The real question is what drives people to do all these things? An abusive boyfriend or girlfriend? Not a good relationship with family and friends? Stress from school or work? I bet you could ask anyone and no story will be the same. And that’s because everyone is different, their feelings and their lives.

What do people hide behind? To shut the real them off from the world. Money? Books? Looks? It could be anything, anything at all really. Everyone has a reason to hide and keep things from the world. Some of it is just meant for you, and only you. But on the other hand there are other things that you shouldn’t hide- no matter how hard it is to let it out.

And I don’t know if I will ever understand why people make up rumors to destroy people’s lives. You would think that the wars were already having and the families of the veterans would be enough to have destroyed, along with all the other tragedies out in the world. But life cannot be easy and simple, it must be complexed and difficult.

Who is anyone to judge us? There is no one but yourself. But in our world everyone judges each other and most of the time their judgments are way off. Emo, jock, prep, punk, all of them are not entirely who we are, sometimes not even part. Were all misjudged, and sometimes all we can do is be ourselves and show everyone who we really are.

Another thing I wouldn’t mind knowing is why some people have it so good-and others so bad. Why can’t it be equal- for everyone? Everyone have some good and some bad in their life- not anything more than the other. But whether you have it good or bad you can share a lot, and have a lot in common. It could be something you enjoy doing or are good at, first loves, broken hearts, fears. There are so many things that you could easily connect from. And there isn’t anyone exactly like you, but they can come close. Life can be unfair and grateful, and we don’t know what card we are going to pull from the deck next.

And the truth is were never free, whether you’re a child, teenager, or adult. You always have some kind of responsibility or rules to follow, and sometimes that makes it even harder to figure out what the world and you are all about. But giving up won’t make it any easier. So you should keep trying to figure out everything you want to know before it is too late.

And we can try our absolute hardest, but sometimes that just isn’t enough. We can keep trying to live up to everyone’s standards but it will just end up with everyone being disappointed. Importantly, we just need to live up to our own.

Through this all were still trying to find the answers. And every place each one of us goes to try and find out we get a piece of the puzzle. But the puzzle is so big, that along the way it’s almost guaranteed that some of the pieces will get lost.
None of us are perfect. And we don’t have all the answers, but somewhere along the way somebody does.