Another Story | Teen Ink

Another Story

By PenInHand GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina
PenInHand GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina

" Kemps!"

I was sitting in the park when I heard a child throwing a tantrum. "Mommy, I want a balloon NOW!" Typical for a preschooler. That's when the wheels started turning. I could write a story about a child who always wanted a balloon, but could never afford one, and then, maybe-- but no. Nobody would read a story about that. I reluctantly put my pen down. What can I write about? I pulled out a fresh sheet of paper and picked up the pen. Think, Sarah, think. Well, that man on the corner. That homeless man, right there. Maybe, a long time ago, he was a reporter, but after writing a column on a criminal, the criminal saw it and became angry at him, and, and-- I can't write a story like that! I'm scaring myself thinking about it. Let's see... That guy with the skateboard. That's it! I could write on him, and his dreams to become famous, and to... My ballpoint pen flew a across the page! A gust of wind blew away old papers with even older ideas, but I didn't care! Someone would read this. It suddenly came to a halt. Writer's block. Mid-sentence writer's block. What now? I looked up. Skater boy was walking in my direction! I quickly started shoving papers in my backpack. "Hi." It was too late. The person I was writing about was standing right next to me. "Can I sit here?" I nodded and moved my stuff over. "Do you write?" He asked me. "Yeah..." I shyly replied. "Cool. What are you writing about?" What was this guy, a police officer? Because he sure had the interrogating part down pat! "Nothing special," I said as I inched away with my partial story in hand. "Come on! Let me see!" I held away the paper. And he grabbed it. "Give it back!" I begged. Nope. He was already reading it. "Hey, is this about me?" I looked down at my feet. "I wish this kind of stuff happened to me. Can I help you finish it?" Was he serious? Or was he just making fun of me? No, his eyes were hopeful. "Sure, if you want." I replied. So he began telling me about himself. And my hand was, once again, scribbling across the page. And before long we had written another story.

Hi! If you read, please comment and rate! Be honest but be nice! Thanks so much! Check out my other stories!

seven_worlds GOLD, Lakewood, Ohio

"That's what the voices in your head are for, to get you through the silent parts."
-David Levithan, Will Grayson, Will Grayson

This is a really good story! I love the characters and idea, but my mind is just begging for some paragraphs...

lmmirzaeih said...
lmmirzaeih, Foster City, California
Some punctuation is a bit off, and it would be nice as a paragraphed-out story, but other than that I thought that it was quite good! 

PenInHand GOLD said...

" Kemps!"

Thanks, I'm glad you like them! Actually, they're mostly just little things where I just had a sudden brain blast, and decided to see what I could write in 5 minutes. However, I am continuing my story The Secret Letters, and I am writing it with two of my friends!! =] We haven't gotten to work on it in a while, but we're hoping to have Chap. 2 out soon!! =]

PenInHand GOLD said...

" Kemps!"

Thanks, that's what I was going for!! =]

AidanR. said...
AidanR., Buffalo, New York
Hey, I've read three of your stories so far, and they're all well written, but they're so short, and they just end! Are they just the beginnings?  Do you have a full story on here anywhere?  I really want to read one if there is.

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

I haven't read a story like this before anywhere. One of a kind, baby! :)

PenInHand GOLD said...
on Dec. 2 2009 at 6:58 am

" Kemps!"

Really? That's cool! Well, I'm glad you liked my story! Thanks for commenting! <3

JohnDeereGirl DIAMOND, Westerlo, New York

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not"
"Somewhere betweeen us talking, you saying I deserve better, and you making me laugh when I wanted to cry, I fell in love with you."

I Love this. I'm in love with a skater boy and my name is Sarah so it's strange but I love it. Keep writing!

PenInHand GOLD said...

" Kemps!"

Thanks again! :D

LegacyPen BRONZE, Hudson, Massachusetts

(my continued bio) Infinity, or Destiny of Infinity on here, is a total of 82,860 word count. I am in the editing process.

WOW! I loved it! It was pretty funny hearing the person's thoughts! Keep writing! :)

PenInHand GOLD said...

" Kemps!"

Thank you!!!!! :D

...irie... BRONZE, Which I Left In The Mnts, Utah

"Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

I agree with what Madison_R said. I really like this story, it has some good points and the words are effortless to read. You made the writing very easy for the reader to understand, which is sometimes really hard. Great job keep up the good work!

Madison_R said...
Madison_R, Carrollton, Texas
This story has alot of potential. I think that if you cleaned it up by making the dialogue seperate paragraphs and addding a little more interesting description to what she sees and does, this would be fantastic. Also, I suggest getting rid of the exclamation marks. You should let your writing convey the emotion, not the punctuation. You're off to a good start!