My happy place | Teen Ink

My happy place

July 20, 2009
By RadioShower PLATINUM, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
RadioShower PLATINUM, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
23 articles 5 photos 69 comments

Favorite Quote:
Emo is imaginary - Gerard Way
Normalness leads to sadness -Phil Lester (AmazingPhil)


I am alone, but its not a sad lonly alone, it how I want to be. I'm sitting on the soft blankets of the mattress. Warm sun light seeps through the blinds. The music in my ears drownds out the world beyond the four walls of the room. I can smell a light hint of what my mom is making for dinner. I look around, the blue flowery walls and pink shads give the room a purple tint to it. I don't really like it....I should paint it! The door opens and my little sister walks in and sits down on the other bed on the opposit side of the room. The smell of food is stronger now that the door is open. She slids the closet door, pulls out a play dress and puts it on. After a fwe spins she skips out slaming the door behind her. It is slient as the soung changes. Oh good Whispers in the Dark by skillet, my favorit. I lie down as I hum the words to the song. The pillow is soft agenst my head. pure joy! Slam! The door opens and my brother walks in asking me something. I shrug not careing and he leves without closing the door. After a while my cat wanders in. After exploring the dressing table she jumps on to the bed next to me. Her soft gray fur feels like silk under my finger tips. She arches her back and curls up at my feet. Its about three more song changes before my mom comes in to tell me that diner is ready. I push the off switsh on my Ipod and walk out.


The author's comments:
If you havn't guessed I'm in my room. I have to share it with my sister and yes my favorit band is Skillet!^_^