Excitement | Teen Ink

Excitement

December 18, 2023
By DarnBBB BRONZE, Lake St. Louis, Missouri
DarnBBB BRONZE, Lake St. Louis, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As he picked up the letter, his eyes lit up. This was the moment he had been waiting for! He actually was accepted into the army!


The first day, they requested Terry to bring a nice suit. He had bought the nice suit with some of his savings that he had planned to keep for his car. His father drove him to the meeting location and saw many others sitting around, waiting for their first orders.


He got out of the car and said goodbye to his dad. Walking up to a group of people, he hears the microphone pipe up in sound, “Attention recruits!”


Hearing this, everyone immediately raises their hand to salute the voice, causing Terry to salute to the voice in turn. “I request all of the recruits go and find the barracks they are numbered to. We will give out slips to each person.”


Terry cannot stop smiling after finding his barracks. But nobody would expect what he would see. WWll awaits…


The author's comments:

This was another piece I had written for a journal prompt in class. I unfortunately cannot remember what the image had.