Spring changes | Teen Ink

Spring changes

By mathews13 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
mathews13 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin

Spring is a time for new beginnings. The rain washes away the old to make room for the new. Repeating the yearly cycle: flowers bloom, baby animals explore, insects emerge. Each year is the same and each year is different. Same time, same weather, same cycle, but there are new feelings of being refreshed. Spring is a friend who has returned, bringing a burst of change along with it. 

I love the way spring can be a comfort but just as easily become a challenge. The season is a signal from the earth to begin the transformation. At the same time it gives a signal society saying, out with the old. The transition from winter to spring is abrupt. Clothes shift from winter coats and jeans to shorts and floral print dresses. School is nearly over and students dive into planning their summers. Some people have become restless over the winter and can not wait for this change. Others become comfortable and find this rapid change distressing. 

As a child, I was troubled by change. I found it difficult to lose the structure of school and have to fall into a new routine. Now I find change intriguing. I look for way to change my life no matter how big or small it is. The reason for my change of heart: Spring. I found it reassuring how the Earth was always changing. Spring being the most dramatic of the changes. Watching snow disappear and color renter the world taught me that change was good. It is a fresh start to life, without erasing life. 

With all the change occurring, spring can be difficult to navigate. However, I enjoy the refreshing challenge of change that comes along with the season of new beginnings.