She loved me | Teen Ink

She loved me

By RainWashed PLATINUM, Park City, Utah
RainWashed PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

"Repeat the good and the bad. Do it all again. And pile on the years."

I was utterly alone, and no one wanted me. I was an outcast in my own family. But most people said that it was my fault because I never let people in. Everyone who had never been faced with this problem always said that. They said that I was a freak. That I was always going to be me. And the thing I hated most about me wasn’t that I wasn’t a gorgeous girl or because I wasn’t very athletic.

It was because I was…me.

I was running down the halls trying to get out of the building fast, as my legs would let me. I hated going to school and several times I begged my mom to let me drop out, but she said that I was just being dramatic. I begged to differ. I strung my long black hair to cover half my face, so no one could see it.

I ran into the lunchroom and pulled out my lunch. I quickly started to eat so that no one would bug me if I were already finished. But this time I was too late and a bunch of the popular kids came and sat down next to me. Their faces pulled into sick and twisted grins.

I felt my stomach flip over inside myself.

I was completely sick now. I made a mad dart to get up, but one of them stopped me. They told me to sit down. I did so.

“What do you want?” I said, my voice shrill.

“We just wanted to talk. What’s so wrong with talking?” The girl to my left said. Her brown hair in waves spread across her scalp like an ocean.

“I really have to go.” I said trying to get up again.

“You want to know the real reason people don’t want to be you’re friend?” The brunette said, her voice changing from fake sincerity to pure malice.

“Why?” And even though I didn’t want to admit it, I really wanted to know why people hated me. Why they didn’t want to be my friend, I was desperate.

“Well there’s a lot of things to cover, too many to say in just thirty minutes, but the main reason nobody wants to be your friend is because you’re you. And nobody likes you. They ALL hate you.” She said.

I could almost hear the thunder crack and her evil cackle echo through the hall. I tried to hold back the tears of anger and just pure hurt, but before I could stop them, they came pouring down. Washing down my cheeks and breaking my face.

They all started laughing.

I picked up my lunch and threw it in the trash as I was running outside the school. I ran towards my house, the trees passing as a car would pass on the street. The trees were mixing into an array of colors, mixing like emotions.

As I reached my house I threw open the door and slammed it shut behind me. I leaned up against the door and slowly slid to the floor. I was screaming out the tears that I had held in too long. Too long had I been teased without mercy. Too long had I been hated without reason. Too long I had been me.

I heard the soft pad of footsteps approaching me and I quickly shut my mouth.

My dog turned around the corner. As soon as that cute adorable Boston Terrier saw me her butt shook. She came running towards me and leaped into my lap. I stroke her head softly as she tried to lick me uncontrollably. I took her close to my heart and continued to stroke her.

She sat in my lap and looked up at me with her kind brown eyes. She seemed to understand my emotions better than I did. She knew me better than I knew myself.

And best of all, she was the only one who loved me.

TBreezee BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

Live life...it's the greatest revenge

Lovelovelove

samanthab1996 BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." -Phillipians 4:13

This was very sad but it was a great, intreaging piece of writing :) good job! :)

IRBFGW DIAMOND said...
IRBFGW DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Hey, assbutt!" Supernatural, Castiel.

This is so cool! Dude this rocks man! its so sad but it has a sweet happy ending! all right!

E.Lee GOLD said...
E.Lee GOLD, Akron, Ohio
this is reallllllly beautiful!

i mean its super sad that someone would actually have to endure all this. people take their life for granted but when your actually put into this kind of scenerio it kills. great job!!