Broken | Teen Ink

Broken

December 28, 2021
By Ruts BRONZE, Pune, Other
Ruts BRONZE, Pune, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The heartbeat increases rapidly as she takes a step inside her house. fighting to create her footprint on the world, the outside house was one thing, and surviving in her own house was another. 

Lonely is what she felt every time she saw the lock to the wooden door of her house. 

Lizard, her biggest enemy, waiting in the way. She took a deep breath and dashed through the inner metal door, up the stairs. 

Darkness welcomed her into the house. Pulling I'd card from her neck, placing the bag on the floor near the cupboard, which was right in front of the stairs. She stripped and piled the clothes in the washing machine. She washed her face and wore a different set of clothing. 

Eating the remaining food left on the kitchen slab, she sat with her all-time-loneliness killer stories. She had read 109 books so far, just to kill time. 

All the protagonists she has read so far were so joyous, she always felt jealous. They always had a Prince charming, who secured them from the worst scenario. He would hug them, and show how much the female protagonist meant to themselves. 

"You nasty little piece of sh*t,” her lips whimpered, as she heard her mother say.

That’s what she was, piece of sh*t, she always wanted to be better, at least for her own mother. Unsatisfied is what her mother always felt about her. Whatever Raina did, was never enough for her mother. Never enough.

“I just forgot, I was a little busy with school stuff, andd…. “ the rest of the sentence was stuck in the throat when received a tight slap from her mother. A little sob escaped her mouth, she automatically pulled both hands on her mouth, trying to submerge her voice. 

Wanted is what she wanted to feel. Someone to calm her down, when she hyped up. Someone to tell her, she will be okay. As tears run down her cheeks, she took a deep breath and a step back. 

‘I wish you were here, find me a little faster, please. I am just waiting for you, Prince Charming. Come and take me also to your nice little world. 

I’m waiting

Just for you’

Waiting for the sun to come back up, she waited. Waited in her bed, resting for the night. Tired from wanting to fit in every group, tired from being answerable to every other person, she tried to relax her rigid shoulders. 


The author's comments:

This piece is about a girl, who is waiting for her soul mate. She want a sense a belonging, and want someone to love her.