Baptized | Teen Ink

Baptized

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

The plunge into the water was the hardest part. The explosion of frigid salt water against my skin. The commitment I knew I was making, the promise I had to now keep. The responsibility weighed heavy on my frail human shoulders, shaking in the cold the air pressing my lungs, begging to be released, demanding that I inhale a breath of death, of the frozen salt lake. My wet hair flew around my face, over my tightly shut eyes, in the power of the promise this water meant. A strong arm grasped my hand and pulled me up, reborn into a new life, a life where I had to uphold so much, greater than me, and represent at all times, and in all things, and in all places. I wasn't sure I was ready. I had a split second, and in it, I wanted to resist, to remain unburdened. Without the responsibility and the wonderful blessings that came with it. I didn't deserve the gifts of this covenant. But I didn't resist. I let the arm pull me up into a new world, brighter, deeper. I shuddered in the cold, and brushed the dripping, heavy strands of hair off my face, heavy with my new responsibility. I wiped the stinging salt out of my eyes and took the offered towel. I shook in the face of the promise I felt myself unable to make, but even still my soul leapt in me and I couldn't stop the broad grin crossing my face, embracing the new meaning to my life. I wasn't afraid anymore.

i just got so inspired by for king and countrys amen i needed to write something. so i wrote about baptism. that's not how i felt at all when i was baptized i was 8 and had no clue what was happening, i was just excited because i finally got to be baptized. i totally made that up with how baptism works. i didn't even know what responsibility was when i was 8.

Books_And_Scribbles PLATINUM, Adelaide, Other
For King And Country is my favourite : ) Love this

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

wait what?????????? awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

I like it! I also went to the church of later-day-saints, and I always couldn't wait until I was eight so I could be baptized like everyone else. Then our church split into two different buildings, so our family decided to try a different church because the one closest to us had only new people & ect. So I ended up getting baptized when I was 11. I'm kind of glad, cause I actually knew what was happening...

Nice writing!

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

thanks, again. i wrote a historical fiction for you, it has yet to go thru

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

This is beautiful.