Nancy's Rage | Teen Ink

Nancy's Rage

By kthompson3416471 BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
kthompson3416471 BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

" keep moving forward"

It was a cold morning outside by the abandoned cabin in the woods. Nancy was always here. It was as if the place was her way to find comfort and peacefulness since she lives with her unlikeable stepmother. Ever since her father passed away, her stepmother Tracy throws her madness on Nancy. Since Nancy’s father died, life has not been the same. Nancy faces trauma at school as well. A  group of people bullies her relentlessly almost every day. While staying at the cabin, it gives herself a better place where she can be alone. As Nancy finds a comfortable spot on the cabin’s steps, she opens up her journal to write about how her day was at school.

What’s my life come to be?                          4/17/10

I just can’t take it anymore. I wish I disappeared and started a whole new life where I meet new people and become a different person. I am beginning to feel numb and get used to the pain I’m going through. I cry for hours now. Depressed and lonely is what I’ve come to bear with now. Me having no friends or family to look after me or cheer me up is hard. I have to deal with my stepmom coming home every day asking what’s wrong with me, and when she says things like that it makes me insecure and think about why people feel the need to break me down to pieces. They could have chosen anyone to pick on but instead, they chose me, and I ask myself why all the time. When they punch, kick, and push me, I’m starting to think I don’t feel anything anymore.

( to be continued…)

Nancy heard a familiar person’s voice. She recognized if the person she heard was someone from the clique that bullies her. In fear Nancy slowly puts her head down on her lap. Please don’t let it be who I think it is.”

She heard the sound of footsteps crushing leaves. The faces appeared to be the mean clique from school that bullies her. “ No, this can’t be happening,” her anxiety kicked in as the group approached towards her. She wants to make a run for it, but Nancy knows if she runs, they would be able to hear her. The only option left was for her to hide, and the only way they wouldn’t see or recognize her is if she walked towards the other side of the cabin.

Her heart skipping a beat, Nancy tiptoes up the cabin’s stairs to try to get to the front of the cabin.  The creaky old floors threatened to give her away.

“Guys, I hear something. Hey, anyone there? It sounded like someone was just here,” said Johnny.

As Nancy slowly walked around the cabin, she found a large rock to hide behind. She held her breath trying not to make a sound.

“Ugh, stop playing around with us, Johnny; we have important stuff to take of, remember? Oh yeah, you never even listen to what any of us have to say anyway,” said Hannah.

“Geez, chill out Hannah, I was just kidding; I didn’t mean to make you mad. Can you ever take a joke for crying out loud,”said Johnny in an angry tone.

“Let’s just hurry up and get this over with already, guys. Becca and I are tired of hearing you guys argue every 5 minutes,” Joshua sighed.

“ I agree, now can we please hurry up; it’s getting late,” said Becca.

As Nancy was hiding from behind a rock on the porch, she got a view of them doing something very suspicious. Nancy got up and looked a little closer to see what was going on. She saw Hannah, Becca, Joshua, and Johnny all get individual journals out. Nancy knitted her brow. Nancy said under her breath,” what could they possibly be doing. Are they in a cult of some sort?” As Nancy was asking herself all of these questions, she heard Hannah say something that gave her a bad memory. She then decided to videotape everything Hannah said.

“Becca and I have kept a secret from you two boys for a while. You know the girl we pick on every day at school named Nancy” said Hannah

“Yeah, and ?” the two boys questioned.

“ Well, Becca and I did something totally horrible to her. We both use to be really good friends with her, but then once we started dating you two, we kind of dropped her. We started becoming closer with one another, and Nancy was like a third wheel and she was getting really annoying and boring. She kept begging us to hang out with her instead of you guys so in return, one day, we went into the bathroom and saw she was in there. Since she thought we were still friends with her, we pushed her into the bathroom staw and shoved her head into the toilet. Then we never talked again and that was that.”

“That’s horrible, said Johnny. I can’t imagine you guys doing that to someone. Ha, I’m just joking with you two. This story was hilarious.”

Hannah, Becca, Joshua, and Johnny all laughed, and one by one, Joshua, Becca, and Johnny then said their own secrets.  Journals were then shut, and they all walked home and said their goodbyes to one another. Nancy saved the video and turned her phone off.

A teardrop then streamed down Nancy’s face as she reminisced about what happened to her in the past. Nancy was hurt by her only true friends, and she never had trust in anyone again. Nancy, as her heart thumps every split second, and her face turning red and heated, wanted to ruin the clique’s lives just like they did to her. Nancy with her hands on her head thinking thought of a plan. She planned to show the entire school the video of them spilling their secrets.

The next day after all the hectic stuff happened, in school, Nancy was casually walking and saw the clique in the hallway.

“ Hey loser what’s up,” Joshua shouted.

Anger was built up in Nancy.

“Stop it!”

“ Stop what?” said Hannah

“ Oh no! it looks like Nancy is about to cry, awe,” Johnny said sarcastically.

“ C’mon guys let’s go. She’s not worth it anyway,” Becca said.

Water starts to build in Nancy’s eyes. The clique looked at her as if she was pathetic and walked off laughing together. Angerness continued to build up in Nancy. She got her phone out and went on Twitter. She later posted the video of them saying their secrets and commented: “I warned you guys and now it’s time for revenge.”

When it was lunch, everyone stared at Nancy with a confused face. The clique was sitting at their usual table talking about random stuff. She was thinking to herself ”Why is everyone looking at me and not them, and why do they seem normal. “She went to a table with no people and sat down. One of her classmates came up to her.

“ What you posted was absolutely horrible,” said a classmate.

“ What are you talking about? Did you hear what they were saying in the video?.

“ Yes I did, and you're invading their privacy. Would you like it if someone did that to you?”

“ Like you could ever understand. They invade my privacy every day and bully me to death!” Nancy said in an angry tone.

“You're messed up, Nancy. No wonder no one likes you”, the classmate said as she left Nancy’s table.

After she heard what her classmate said, she didn’t know how to feel. She felt ashamed and embarrassed after what just happened. Everyone just stared at her and the clique. They blamed Nancy and the clique for everything they did. The school thought Nancy was wrong for taking a video of the clique, and they thought the clique was wrong for hiding such secrets about everyone at the school. Hannah, Joshua, Becca, and Johnny all looked at Nancy. She wasn’t scared of them anymore, but all of what she did wasn’t worth it, and it didn’t change anything.The clique didn’t learn a lesson either. So, at the end of the day, Nancy didn’t accomplish anything and the clique still didn’t learn their lesson after what Nancy did to them. She thought since, after all these years since she’s been bullied, she would finally set revenge for the clique. It didn’t work out the way she wanted to. Now, the whole school looks at Nancy like she’s crazy, and for the clique… Well, yes, they may get looks from some people, or eye rolls of course, but that won’t stop them from still harassing Nancy like they always do. So, was it really a revenge after all?

This piece is one of my favorites. I really like the realism of it because this could happen in real life.

lexiemlove said...
lexiemlove, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Good job! I love this 5 stars!