The Lady in the Photograph | Teen Ink

The Lady in the Photograph

By anthonyrosales1317 BRONZE, Independence, Oregon
anthonyrosales1317 BRONZE, Independence, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Dad just sat there and cried. He cried for three whole days. His face was blotchy and his eyes were red.Then one day he just stopped. Bottles of pills laid beside him. I thought he was asleep so I got him a blanket. I went into the hallway. There was a photograph of a random lady, dad, and me smiling. I was only a baby in that photograph. I always wondered who that lady was. Dad always said he missed her. It’s been a week and dad still hasn’t woken up. I’ve only been eating cereal and sandwiches all week. I went to go wake up dad. School was gonna start in a few days. I moved him all around. Then I noticed he was dead. Who will buy me school supplies, food, clothes and medicine. What will happen to me now?  

This story is about a girl whos dad killed himself with an overdose. She is a very young child and she doesn´t realize that her mother died when she was a baby. The center of this piece is the idea that the narrator is too young to understand what is happening to her.

1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Great story !!!!!!!!!!!!

ty2kbob BRONZE said...
ty2kbob BRONZE, Monmouth, Oregon

¨Words are our most powerful source of magic, capable of both causing pain and healing it.¨

#cool #sad #OMG

PLZ MAKE MORE TONY PLZ. FOR ME. I WILL GIVE YOU 2 PRIDE BUCKS. PLLLZZZZZ. XD

ty2kbob BRONZE said...
ty2kbob BRONZE, Monmouth, Oregon

I liked it, voted for it and followed you. XD :) ;) :P ;P

ty2kbob BRONZE said...
ty2kbob BRONZE, Monmouth, Oregon

Hi tony. In in your science class. Logan. good job tony. Oh and when/if my story gets published, can you read it. PLZ. thx. :P