Dancing with the Fairies | Teen Ink

Dancing with the Fairies

By Cassie PLATINUM, Delisle, Other
Cassie PLATINUM, Delisle, Other

The was shinning so brightly the river sparkled. The grass was so green I believed what people said about the grass being greener on the other side. The surrounding forest held all kinds of trees. The biggest and the smallest of each kind. I lay in the grass in a short black dress not even making it to my knees. Lacy shoes wrapping around my ankles and dancing upwards. The breeze brought my bright red hair to dance in the breeze. Going this direction then that till the breeze died down. My head was swimming but all the questions I had I didn't want the answers to. At least I was finally happy.
A twinkle in the corner of my eye brought my head up. A fairy was hovering near the forests edge. She was smiling at me. She wore a green dress, splashed with flowers of all kinds. A smile crept over my face as I remembered her. I had been here only two times before but how could I forget? This was my heaven. My only time of resting and getting away from the people who praised my beauty.
"Welcome back Mia," the sweet voice from the fairy drifted over the breeze and tickled my ear.
"Greetings Sylvia,"I whispered but then a beeping changed the view.
I was back in my bedroom, tucked under my blankets. The summer sun peeked in from behind my curtains. Its summer vacation, I remembered. But not long ago my heart was broken. My boyfriend dumped me for my sister.
My sudden smile lost its effect but the day wouldn't be wasted.
The moon now shone through my window but it wasn't bright and magnificent. It was just as sad and lonely as me. But I was going to end it. I grabbed the pills from the grocery bag and looked at the directions. They were sleeping pills. To help me. To bring the end to this misery. The only time I actually felt was when my dreams were of me and the fairies dancing under the full moon.
I opened the lid and grabbed 10 of the pills. The bottle of water was ready so I started to down the pills; taking huge chugs of water afterwards.
I walked the rest of the way to my bed and turned off the light. The comforter was heavy on my limp body but sleep was creeping into me as my head hit the soft pillow. "Greetings Syliva," I whispered to the dark silent room. Then closed my eyes to dance with the fairies under the giant moon. Awaiting the pain to ease at last.

Cassie PLATINUM, Delisle, Other
Sorry, Denae! My friend somehow got onto my teenink account and wrote that! SORRY!

Cassie PLATINUM, Delisle, Other
It makes sense to everybody else in the world but you, Denae. Ur just jealous that i can write depressing stories and YOU can't. HAHA!

Cassie PLATINUM, Delisle, Other
look, if you find your true love and your true love doesn't love you back, you would rather die then feel your heart crumbling to pieces. And what would be worse would be to watch that person laughing and kissing someone you know. To have to watch from a distance and wish that you were that person, with your loves eyes all over you, and being able to taste him/her, and taste love, the one emotion stronger that hate. And it would be directed at you.

Denae Worcester BRONZE, Castle Rock, Colorado
This needs work. A lot of work.

That said, so you chose suicide. And fairies. Interesting combination, and it COULD happen, but make it more realistic for us, more likely for your reader. Why in the world did she commit suicide? Losing a boyfriend, even if he goes for your sister, is NO reason to commit suicide. Besides, as a reader, I wasn't entirely sure how the fairies fit in with it. Were they just a dream or more real than that? And why would she commit suicide if reality was where "people praised my(her) beauty"?

Your grammar mistakes are distracting.

Cassie Edwards, Delisle, Other
LOVELY!

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

I really like the idea, and the descriptions. Very sad. I love this!

biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

wow... very good imagery.....extremely depressing