Who's After Me | Teen Ink

Who's After Me

By CompoundArcher GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado
CompoundArcher GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado

"I Have Not Failed. I've Just Found 10, 000 Ways That Something Won't Work." Thomas Edison

"Surely this world-so beautifully diversified in its forms and motions-could not have arisen except from the perfectly free will of God, who provides and governs all things." Roger Cotes

"Don't doubt the Creator, because it is inconceivable that accidents alone could be the controller of this universe.'' Isaac Newton

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

The wind whipping through my hair as I ran through the dark, perilous forest. They were after me; five of them. Tall, dark-skinned, with long black hair that ran down their bare backs. Their shadow ladened faces had bright yellow and blood red paint striped across them.

They made the battle cries of animals as they swiftly approached my still shadow.I was frozen with fear as I turned around to see them just reaching my shadow, the one that belonged to a soon to be captive- ME.

Nice! It sure works though!

WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@CompoundArcher XD Don't worry, we all have our weird ways of being inspired. Mine are watching old cartoons and listening to diverse music.

Thanks! It was inspired by a bunch of middle school boys running around rampant playing some game. Hahahaha!!! Yeah... weird inspiration.

WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@CompoundArcher Wow, that is a very short story with a cliffhanger. Great job anyway! :)