If I were Brutus | Teen Ink

If I were Brutus

By lindsayprado BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana
lindsayprado BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana

Dear Diary,
Cassius has been trying to convince me to join his conspiracy for the longest time. Although I, too, know that Caesar is not someone I can trust to lead the future of Rome, I do know that Cassius may not be completely doing this for the people. I have always had a feeling that Cassius thought of Caesar as an abomination, which is why I think he may not be completely abiding by his morals in this case. It is hard, but I have to believe that Cassius is an honorable man and will stand by that. About an hour ago, I heard a knock and my door and I opened it to reveal men who had covered their faces in the night. After talking with these men, I found that they were once again Cassius and his band trying to rally me to their side. After pondering this decision for a while, I decided that maybe they were right and Caesar had to go. I swore to help in their assassination of the general. It may seem mad, but we planned to carry out our plans tomorrow. I was almost in the clear to commit my honorable crime and be done, but my wife was intrigued to know why I have been so secretive. I immediately felt guilty that I’ve been leaving the woman I married out of my life. The worried expression on her face prompted me to say that I would soon tell her everything. Tomorrow was the big day, the Ides of March, and I was quite nervous and a little excited that I would be granting Rome such justice.
Sincerely,
Brutus