Witch's Trial | Teen Ink

Witch's Trial

By Buble PLATINUM, Ammon, Idaho
Buble PLATINUM, Ammon, Idaho

Love and loyalty run deeper than blood. By: Richelle Mead

Thick smoke clouded around her. She caughed and gasped as she inhaled the dark smoke. A bright raging fire thrived all around the small platform she stood on. she felt the scorching heat of the fire as it slowly began searing and blistering her flesh. The smoke burned her lungs and stung her eyes. Breathing became very hard. She screamed blood curdling screams as the agonizing pain settle over her. Her face glistened in the light of the fire as tears soaked her cheeks. Her skin turned red and bubbly as the flames incinerated it. She shrieked and howled in pain. The pain was so intense she felt as if she might faint. Her skin split open and boiling blood seeped out of it like a never ending river. Her body hurt so much. She turned her tear stained face upward towards the heavens and silently screamed prayers to god. She begged for god to render her mercy and put a end to this unbearable pain. She wanted so badly to be free. Deep down in her heart she knew it was pointless praying because god never answered her prayers before, why would he answer her now. Soon the fire will consume her and there won't be anything left of to be saved. The fire will die down and her body will be nothing but black ashes and the wind will slowly carry her ashes away. She closed her eyes and let the fire take her. She knew there was no use fighting against this. She was going to die one way or another. The fire swallowed her up eagerly. The last thing she saw was one final glance at the beautiful stary sky and the glowing full moon shining bright along with those gorgeous stars.

Buble PLATINUM said...
Buble PLATINUM, Ammon, Idaho

Revised and improved rewrite of Witch's Trial Coming soon. I hope those who read it will like it and share their thoughts on it.

Buble PLATINUM said...
Buble PLATINUM, Ammon, Idaho

Thank you very much. I am glad my small piece has been an inspiration to you. I would love to read your story when you are done. And thank you for informing of my small mistake.

J.N.K. BRONZE said...
J.N.K. BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
-Morpheus from The Matrix

This is AMAZING! It has inspired me to write my own story about witches. One little detail was a little off though. I know it doesn't matter really but for future pieces it could help it be more accurate. Burns don't bleed. The heat causes the vein to cauterize. This is why in Return of the Jedi Luke's hand doesn't bleed when Vader chops it off with the light-saber because the heat of the light-saber cauterizes it. Sorry for nerding out on you but, LOVED THE STORY!