Delilah | Teen Ink

Delilah

By The_DoctorDonna PLATINUM, Anytown, Iowa
The_DoctorDonna PLATINUM, Anytown, Iowa

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm Possible'"

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
Tears fall down my face, hot and wet, burning my skin. The coins shower down on top of me, but they don’t matter.
I’m sorry.
The look in his eyes as they tear him away is so sad and agonizing that I want to cry.
I’m sorry. I take it back. Take your money back!
I want to scream at them, but it’s too late. The look of pure agony in his eyes is that last look he will ever have. They have gouged out his eyes. His screams fill the room, reverberating off the walls.
I’m sorry.
They laugh and mock him as they drag him away. He looks so weak, and it’s all my fault.
I’m sorry.
The final coins clink to the floor, and I am alone. All alone.
“I’m sorry.”
This time the words come out of my mouth as a harsh whisper, but he is already gone forever. I wish there was a magic clock that could turn back time, to change what I have done, but it’s too late. What’s done is done. I’m left alone in my bedroom, with thousands of coins littering the floor. I begin to pick them up slowly, one by one, as I think about the events that led up to this, the worst moment in my whole life.

I was watching a TV special about the story of Sampson and Delilah from the Bible and I thougth it would be interesting to tell the story from Delilah's POV. Please let me know in the comments if you like this, because if it is good I will keep it going, but if not I will pursue other things. So please please please comment!