Dino-curse | Teen Ink

Dino-curse

By ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other
ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Dr. Kevin Stanley, a well known bacteriologist of The United States of America had gone to the Amazon of South America to study a new kind of bacteria. Little that he knew that he would have to face something far beyond his imaginations waiting for him.

I reached in the afternoon and from the airport, I went straight to the village where I was supposed to report. Just a mile or two towards north, the Amazon forest started. I thought of setting up my camp further into the forest so that I could get a better view of nature and some other new bacteria. I kept moving further into the forest and as I proceeded, the air grew damp and heavy. I moved further till I reached an area in the middle of the forest which was barren, not a single weed was found to grow there. It was just under a huge tree which looked old and worn out. Branches hung from it like finger reaching down to grab me.

I set my camp there. By then it was night time and I was in my tent reading some book just then I heard a sound. Rushing of water maybe. I went out and found a stream running behind the huge monstrous tree. I was happy to find water but as I turned back towards my tent, I saw a weird creature. It was a Dimorph don. The ancient Jurassic creature was perched just on top of the tree in a nest which I did not seem to notice before. I had a mixed sensation of feelings. It seemed like someone had punched me right in the gut. I felt horrified and amazed. How could such a creature exist? I questioned myself. I ran back to my tent and immediately pulled up the chain. I sat there speechless with my heart pounding. That was not enough, just then I heard a voice, a human voice calling my name.

WAIT! MY NAME! How could it be? No one knew me here. I peeped out to find that flying dinosaur standing in front of me. How could a dinosaur speak?! But it was there and then standing in front of me and calling out my name. “How can you speak?” I asked with trembling lips. He replied, “I’m not what you think, I’m what you can’t imagine.” “Tell me! Don’t make poems. How can you talk?” I shot back instantly. “Ok. I’m not a dinosaur, but I’m a dinosaur. Get it?” “No! I don’t get it. Why don’t you tell me in a better way?” I wasn’t able to understand what he was trying to tell me. “I can’t tell you directly. I have to make it in a poetic way.” He begged me to compromise. I tried to understand his problem and asked him to go on. He told me that he was cursed and was bound to this tree from the past 50 years.

He was cursed to wander here till the right person comes and breaks this curse. 50 years back an old woman had cursed him because of his selfishness and bad attitude towards others.

Zoya_Khan GOLD said...
on Dec. 21 2012 at 8:58 am
Zoya_Khan GOLD, Gujranwala, Other

Where LOGIC ends, FAITH begins.
- Zoya Khan

:) :) :) :) :)