A Meeting of Patriots | Teen Ink

A Meeting of Patriots

By Special-Ice-Apples GOLD, Pinedale, Arizona
Special-Ice-Apples GOLD, Pinedale, Arizona

"Love is just a word until someone special comes along and gives it a meaning."

"I love walking in the rain, 'cause then no one can tell I'm crying."

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."

I saw that this meeting of my fellow Patriots was not going to come to order anytime soon, so I lifted my gun and fired it into the air. The conversation stopped and they all looked at me in surprise.
“Thank you, Pitt,” Adams said to me. I nodded and holstered my gun. “Alright, men. The Boston Tea Party was a great success. I have never seen any Loyalists that mad before in my life.” Everyone chuckled happily.” However,” Adams continued. “Some Loyalists got a writ of assistance to search our houses for anything Indian related.” A chorus of angry murmurs broke out amongst the crowd.
“Calm down! It’s alright. Everyone was supposed to dispose of that stuff anyways. Why are we all getting riled up?” I wanted to know. “Besides, maybe now they will agree to our nonimportation agreements. We can produce our own tea! It’s our duty as Americans, as men, and as people.” The Patriots gave murmurs of agreement when Revere rushed in.
“Look at this!” he cried. “This ‘Olive Branch Petition’ is totally disgusting! Read it, Adams!” Adams grabbed the paper and read it, his face growing harsher by the second.
“And here I thought the Committee of Correspondence would have some Common Sense!” Adams burst out in anger. “We ended up like Pontiac’s Rebellion!” Everyone looked at them in surprise and Adams explained in a rush. “We thought we’d won, but then they come and backstab us! That idiot! That usurper!” I came up and read it. I couldn’t believe my eyes. The man who we had asked to revise it a little bit had completely changed it around and made us seem like humble fools. I read it out loud to the rest of the party, and they all began exclaiming and screaming. He would pay a heavy price for doing this to us.

Honour SILVER said...
Honour SILVER, New London, Connecticut

Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~John 15:13

"Give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

Be brave and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Alright so this is well written, though honestly I'd think Adams would talk more eloquently then you had him talking.  And you capitalized 'Common Sense', unless your talking about the book or what not it wouldn't be capitalized.  But still it's a good peice.

Honour SILVER said...
Honour SILVER, New London, Connecticut