All About Moses | Teen Ink

All About Moses

By BFFOY SILVER, Reno, Nevada
BFFOY SILVER, Reno, Nevada

Once upon a time Moses was born at a very young age. Please note that this is a true story. At the time that Moses was born the Egyptians were killing Israelite baby boys. When Moses’ mother saw him she saw that he was a fine baby boy and hid him for three months. When she could no longer hide him, she put him in a basket and sent him down the river and prayed that he wouldn’t drown.

Moses’ mother sang,
“Row, row, row your baby boy,
Gently down the River.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,

Bring back a pizza for dinner.”

Moses was adopted by the Pharaoh’s daughter. After Moses had grown up he killed an Egyptian that he saw beating a Hebrew. So Moses ran away from the Pharaoh because the Pharaoh wanted to kill him.

DUN, DUN, DUN…..

Many years later Moses saw a burning bush and it was God speaking to him. God told him to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. After God sent a bunch of plagues on the Egyptainites, (AKA the Egyptians) Moses lead them out of Egypt and parted the Red Sea like it was bread and butter.

While the Israelites were in the desert, Moses met with God up on the mountain and received the 10 commandments. While Moses was up on the mountain the people thought he was never coming back so they made a golden calf to worship. Moses was so MAD that he broke the tablets and had to get them all over again. ?

After they were in the desert for 40 years the Israelites got to cross over the Jordan River and enter the Promised Land. However, Moses did not get to enter the Promised Land because he had banged on a rock. God showed Moses all the land that the Israelites got to have and then he died.

DUN, DUN, DUN….. He was one hundred and twenty years young when he died. He did not have to wear glasses and he was still strong.

It is believed that Moses wrote Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Dooderonomy.

I had to do this for Awana last year. It's a fun twist on the story of Moses.

MARZHUNTERESS SILVER, Manteca, California
Cute!!!! :)