My Ethan | Teen Ink

My Ethan

July 16, 2010
By madasrabbits PLATINUM, Dalton-in-Furness, Other
madasrabbits PLATINUM, Dalton-in-Furness, Other
28 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Just keep swimming!"- Dory, Finding Nemo


Ever walked through the streets of a town gripped by war? I have, and I’m lucky to be alive…

Years ago, before peace settled here once more, war ravaged our simple land. For years our village laid untouched by the evil. Then the King’s men marched through our gates. It was then that our own men offered their services to the Rebels, and our own, personal war began.

Even now the memory of Ethan leaving brings tears to my eyes. I loved him like I have loved no other since. The scar he has left in my heart will never fade. It was Ethan I looked for when the Rebels tried to seize back our village.
It was in Ethan’s memory that I fought to keep our home safe.

It’s all for Ethan.

The pistol weighed heavily in my hand, but with each bullet fired it just got heavier. I watched as each shot snuffed out another life.

Suddenly, a bullet whipped past my ear, marginally missing my head. I twirled round, the culprit staring me straight in the eye, unblinking. I looked down. He had been impaled with a sharpened stick (an improvised weapon of the rebels) I shut my eyes and shot him once. In battle, stamina was key. You wouldn’t last long if you sustained an injury such as that. I was simply doing him a favour. At least, that’s what I kept telling myself, to take the guilt away.

The battle raged on.