The Fight in The Coliseum | Teen Ink

The Fight in The Coliseum

By Saphira96 SILVER, Crestwood, Kentucky
Saphira96 SILVER, Crestwood, Kentucky

I have 3 but here they are:
Truly Great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away. And the only problem is time.

Oh my goodness, my dad has to fight the ruler of all of Rome; Tonight! Yikes!

It all started a couple of days ago, when the ruler of Rome came to power. Someone who my dad really loathed became our ruler, and the person that has the right to tell us what to do. My dad didn’t want to orders from a man he hates so he went to file a complaint. I told him it was a bad idea to talk bad about the ruler, but unfortunately he didn’t listen. The government threatened to throw him in jail, or even out of the country for committing treason. But something else happened; the ruler came up to us and challenged my dad to a fight, since they have been mortal enemies for their whole lives. So that’s why my dad has to fight in the roman Coliseum tonight. I must do something to help him!

“Dad, I think I should help you train for your fight.” I suggested.

“Now Caroline, you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to, but that’s really sweet that you want to help.” He replied.

“Please dad, it’s the least I can do for all you’ve done for me for the past 13 years. I really do insist.”

“Fine, but as you can tell I am in pretty decent shape.” He replied chuckling.

“Right?” I said looking at my dad’s potbellied stomach. “Can we start now so you’ll be ready?”

“I Guess.” He sighed.

So we went out to train for what seemed like centuries, but it was only about two hours. Dad lifted 100lb weights and pulled me around in a chariot so he can gain muscle strong enough to kill our counties ruler. Even though my dad turned out to be in pretty good shape, I still couldn’t help being worried and anxious about my dad. I love him to much to see him die right in front of my eyes. I already lost my mom due to sickness; if my dad were to die I’d be all alone, with no one to help me survive. And in a few minutes I will know the fate of my dad.

We walked into the arena of the coliseum and there was the ruler, gilded with golden armor. Yeah my dad was surely going to die, all my dad has on is a couple of scraps of metal for armor. But dad still looked pretty confident. But I know that he’s a goner.

The ruler and my dad walked into the middle of the arena; the stadium was boiling over with people filling every nook and cranny. I’ve never seen this many people before in my life.

My Heart dropped 20 feet when the gun blasted for the fight to begin.

“Slash.” My dad draws out his sword and slashes it towards our ruler, but the ruler blocks the shot with his golden sword.

“Boom!” A lion came flying out of an underground cage. The lion lunges at my dad, but my dad is too quick for the lion. He starts to sprint as fast as a bullet. I couldn’t bear to watch but my eyes were glued on the action. This suspense was killing me.

“Go dad!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. My dad turned towards the lion and stabbed it right as it pounced towards my dad. “You can do this dad!”

My dad throws the dead lion off of him and aims at our ruler, but he dodges. So my dad sneaks up behind him and stabs him in the back. The problem with that is the ruler’s armor protects him, so he does something else; he stabs him in the neck since our ruler didn’t even think to put armor there.

The ruler fell to the ground with out a soul in his body, blood was gushing out of his neck. He never again will rule Rome. All the people were screaming and clapping, they even gave my dad a standing ovation. Apparently they didn’t like our ruler either.

“Dad!” I sprinted as fast as my little legs could carry me. I lunged towards my dad and gave him a chocking hug. He had a couple of scratches but I knew he’d be just fine. If he can kill a lion he surely can survive a couple small scratches.

“I told you I could do it.” My dad said with a smirk.

“I’m so proud of you!” I exclaimed with tears streaming out of my eyes. “You have no idea how worried I was about you, I really thought you were going to die.”

“If I died in what I believed in, it would be almost as good as not dying. The only problem would be that I’d be away from you for a life time plus you would be left without a parent.” My dad replied.

“I love you dad!”

“I love you too sport!”

That day I learned that everything you do makes an impact on someone else’s life. If you are worried about doing something or saying something or maybe even changing something, don’t be afraid. Everything you do can make a difference, everything you do counts. Don’t let fear get in your way. My dad wasn’t afraid to die in order to make his country the best it can be. I will always remember the lesson my dad taught me, it’s always better to regret doing something then it is to regret not doing anything about something you really, truly care deeply about. Be like my dad and you surely will make an impact and difference to our world.

In social Studies we had to write a piece based on something in history so i wrote about a girl who's father has to fight the ruler of ancient greece it the coliseum.