The Last Letter | Teen Ink

The Last Letter

September 9, 2009
By Breluvsu GOLD, LaFayette, Alabama
Breluvsu GOLD, LaFayette, Alabama
15 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live, Love, Laugh.


JASON

It was in the middle of the Civil War. Our fort had just been hit by the North.I was hurt.I could hardly move.I looked over to the man by me.That man just happened to be my best friend and he was dead.I reached into my pocket and pulled out my last letter to my mom.I decided while I layed there that I should finish it.I wrote ,
"Dear Mom,
I miss you.I'm ready to come home.You were write I shouldn't have gone to war.Our fort has just been hit.I probably won't come home.Again Ilove you.I miss you.



Your son,



Jason





MARY
It was when the war stared.JAson came up to me and toled me he was heading to Fort Macken.I toled him he shouldn't go.He went the next morning.I got a letter from him every week.Oh how I missed him.I loved him so much.So much time had passed and a didn't get a letter.When the war ended it came.It was the last letter I would ever get from him.HE was dead.I would see him coming down the road to the house only to wake up screaming ,"Jason"'and I couldn't get back to sleep that night.Then one morning I was washing dishes and it happened.



JASON
I woke up.They told me the Civil War was over."Over" I thought. THen they toled me I could go home.When I walked up the road Mom was washing dishes.I ran up to her. I had missed her so much.


MARY
He was there.This time it was different he was realy there.Jason I said.I had missed him so much and he was mine to keep forever.

The author's comments:
The loses at the Civil War inspired me.I thought that maybe this time it could have a happy ending.