historical story | Teen Ink

historical story

By 1qaz2wsx BRONZE, Hohokus, New Jersey
1qaz2wsx BRONZE, Hohokus, New Jersey

I woke up, and there is nobody here. I had a very bad dream. I dreamt that my huge kingdom was going to collapse.

All the people were in danger, The kingdom is in big danger, Everything is fine now, all of that was just a dream.

My name is Guangxu, and I am the present emperor of the whole kingdom Qing dynasty. It has been the strongest kingdom since my great great great grandfather, however, it is a different story now. I am the ninth emperor of the kingdom, and the kingdom has been getting worse and worse these days. I remembered my ancestors’ hard work, and I have to say, the period that Kangxi Qianlong, Yongzheng was a really strong period, those 120 years, every country can’t beat us, but now, everyone can.

The people outside struck a bell four times. It is five o’clock, and it is time to be in the palace and join the morning meeting. “I hope that old woman, won’t be there. She is already so old, and she should mind her own business and never put her finger in my pie anymore. She is so bothersome.” I murmured, as I begin to dress up, and think about my dream from the night ”the whole of China and my kingdom is in trouble”.

“What do you think you are doing here?” a woman asks.

That is the annoying woman. Her name is Cixi, my mom, at least, I think so. That evil woman is always making me very upset. So I need to answer her quickly.

“I am about to go there, don’t worry about me, ”I said, afraid her to say any more words.

“Do you know what today’s topic is going to be in the early morning meeting?” she said, with a big smile on her face. This makes me more uncomfortable.

“You better not make any trouble for me. I am the Emperor of this kingdom, and I am very very busy you know,” I said.

“It is really not a big deal. I just want to prove how strong our country is!” she said, as she goes to the place she used to be during the morning meeting. “Trust me, my plan is always the best plan ever!”

Never mind what she said, and she always says some incredible or crazy words, so, it is okay with me. However, this time, this woman is serious, about her idea.

During the morning, she is talking about the group that has incredible superpower around the capital city, Beijing. Those people are considered Invincible Man, and they think that if they are in the army, they will contribute to the whole kingdom. This seems very ridiculous to everyone who is more than 3 years old. Because there is no Superman in the world, and nobody can prevent being killed by fire and explosion. All the gossips are all fake. However, I want her to not be too disappointed in that group. I have to send an emissary and to see if they are really invincible.

I come up with the idea that can make that woman quiet down and stop coming up with ridiculous ideas every day. I will poison her, but it shouldn’t be that poisonous, or she will die, after she died, all the people will think that I killed her, so, all the thing I need to do is to make.

“I already send an emissary to check the group,” she said and scared me.

“Ok, who cares?” I said as I had another bite on the food.

“Just to let you know. You are the real king of this place.” she said, and then, she goes out of the room, and said, ”I am going to be out for today, so hope you have a nice day by yourself.”

I sighed, and I am very happy that she is finally off to do something else. But then, I realized something: the emissary is from Cixi, and the emissary all listen to her. And when the emissary is back, this guy will definitely say that “they are real and they have superpower.” so, I come up the idea of ”resend an emissary is on my side.” however, after I got out of the room and step into the palace, a man on my side said: ”Are you sure that you are gonna have a battle with all of them?”

“What do you mean by that?” I asked him, with confinement.

“Your command, Master, you made eight countries to attack us.”

I was a little confused by his words but I realized it in the next second. Cixi’s “thing to do for today” is to show how strong the Qing Dynasty is, so, she.

“Where is she now?”I asked anxiously, afraid her to make more trouble for the kingdom that the ancestors created.

“She is having the conversation with the eight country’s president, right now.” he said.”Are we going?”

“Of course, we are. we can’t bear such a big attack, can we?”I said, as I go out of the palace and ride on my favorite horse.

As I respected, the thing is worse, in the last minute of the meeting. I got in the room, and said: that is just all her opinion, and that is nothing to do me, in other words, I have never said that.”

And all the people in the room seemed to be very surprised about what I said, they said: ”isn’t that your opinion?”, I try to explain that it is not my original opinion, the annoying woman said:” yes, that is his idea.”

I am freaking out because I never learned that she is so ridiculous. And now I know, those foreigners are real, too.

On the way back, she told me that the group is really good and there are almost 300 thousand people over there, so, no worries about that. However, when I asked about what country she is asking to attack us, she answered: ”Japan, America, Britain, Russia, and some others.”

I tried to say something, however, I can’t, there is no way that I can change the situation, the only thing I can do is to make the defense better and make the army stronger. However, Cixi looks like she has a better idea: “no training armies, no more high-level technology, just the group which is the best in the world.”

Nobody, nobody will agree with her idea, I thought as to go into the palace that I am familiar, again. But, this time, the one who is greeting me is different, they are some of the jail managers, I figured all this out as soon as I get to my place: she put me into the jail, which is special and just for me: a jail with for side with water. So, it is not possible that I am going to ever get out of here without her permission.

I start to think about the whole thing now, why she takes over the whole kingdom now. And why everyone in the country all listens to her instead of me. And the most important is, I am the emperor, not her.

The life in the jail is way harder than I thought, except for the time that I received the foods from the small window by a man in a boat, but one day I was told that I can go out of this special jail which is just for me.

When I get rid of that jail, I finally know the reason why I am set free-- when I look down from the castle of the palace, the armies are down there, and I saw different flag which is from the different country.

The foreigners really keep their promise, they had come to this place. 1900, it is going to be a very big battle.

We set the battle time to 5 o’clock in the morning, I am pretty sure that there is no chance we will win with just the inexperienced group and some tired troops.

I try to find Cixi, however, she is working on her own stuff. She is a very old woman now, and she can hardly walk straight now. It looks like everything has been changed since I am in jail.

“Do you think that we are going to win?”I asked her. I expected that she will say no and change her idea and even say sorry me for keeping me in the jail for such a long time, however, to my surprise, she said: “trust me, we are going to win the battle!”

I am shocked by her words, and her confident, too.

Tomorrow, the battle begins, however, it is just a crushing battle, and sure enough, we are the side that is being crushed, the group is useless and they ran away way before the battle even started. I can say, the battle ended way before it started. It is a really quick battle.

After the battle is lost, the enemies destroyed the city and burned a lot of things on there way. The worst thing is, we have left here. I really hate the feeling of being away from the home. And we finally come back to the home in almost a few months.

She is now going to die. That woman, who has destroyed the whole country and all the works from the ancestors.

The day before her death. I was called to her room in order to listen to her last words, my heart is actually refusing to all of her words, when I come to her room, she is actually inviting me to have a conversation and have some tea together, I have the feeling that something bad could happen, so I am very careful about what she said and what she did.

On the way back, I felt very very uncomfortable. And I soon realize that I have been poisoned by that woman. I fell to the ground and there is nothing in my mind now.