Mystery Man of Afar | Teen Ink

Mystery Man of Afar

By LittleTownAuthor533 SILVER, Middletown, Indiana
LittleTownAuthor533 SILVER, Middletown, Indiana

"At any given moment, you have the power to say 'This is NOT how the story is going to end.'"

-from a picture my mom sent me in an email (AKA Unknown)

She swept down the street quicker than she ever had before. Even as she jogged, she could feel her heart pounding in her chest, pushing her blood through her veins, which could possibly have been why she was gaining a minor headache.

She listened to her music and stared forward. If she cared a little more, she might've considered herself a zombie with a hobby. Well, that would be a first.

Then it happened. The most exciting thing that day.

She was turning the street corner and....BAM! She ran into the cutest stranger she'd ever laid her sterling green eyes on. Speaking of which, he had the most handsome puppy dog brown eyes she'd ever seen. But here's what was weird: He wore a dark blue suit, about the same color as the police box down the road.

Wait, didn't those things go extinct like...12 years ago?

She focused back in on the moment, taking one earbud out of her ear.

"Sorry, Mate, I....." she began to mumble, though unsure how to end the sentence.

He waved his hand in the air, as if that could make this all go away, and replied, "It's alright. How's the jog?"

"Could be better," she admitted, her voice growing quiet, more out of nervousness than anything else.

"Well, I've got to be on my way. Cheers, Mate," he smiled and hurried past her.

"Cheers," she echoed to herself as he was already gone and the sun was beginning to set.

There was something weird about that man, she thought, but every typical person is weird in some way.

She shrugged her shoulders and carried on.

I love Doctor Who! If you love it, too, you will click on this, please. I would appreciate it, thanks.

(BTW: The reason that I picked the picture that I did to go with this is because it reminded me of the beach that the Tenth Doctor left Rose on in the alternate dimension.)