Kobe Vs. Michael | Teen Ink

Kobe Vs. Michael

May 28, 2014
By Omar Stratton SILVER, Wentzville, Missouri
Omar Stratton SILVER, Wentzville, Missouri
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Kobe marched the basketball across halfcourt. He could feel the eyes weighing down on him. All odds against him, and his beloved Lakers down 102-100. The game-clock trickled down. 17... 16… 15…

Michael, Kobe’s defender, greeted Kobe the moment he crossed into his territory. As a veteran of the game, he hoped his presence alone would force Kobe to pass the ball. As Michael bent his knees and outstretched his arms to guard him, Kobe burst to life and shook left.

Kobe caught Michael off guard, but with reflex alone he met Kobe and blocked his path, forcing Kobe to back up and try something new.

Kobe glared at the game-clock again. 9… 8… 7…

Kobe picked up his dribble and shook left again, bringing Michael along with him, reflecting his every move. However, this time Kobe expected this. He waited for Michael to fall for his bait and set his feet, then using his quickness he burst to the right of him. Finally free, Kobe rushed to the base of the three point line. 3… 2…

Kobe fired a shot a split second before the buzzer sounded and he heard the sound he loved. Swoosh!