No Turning Back Volume 5: The Bully | Teen Ink

No Turning Back Volume 5: The Bully

May 6, 2014
By HellsingSoldier13 SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
HellsingSoldier13 SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We do not think outside the box. We are outside the box, looking in."


Chapter 14: Moka and Tsukune... Missing?

Later that day, Nick stopped by the Infirmary again to make sure Moka was doing okay. To his surprise, Moka wasn't in her medical cot. He looked around, trying to see if she was nearby. As he searched around, a nurse walked by.

"Excuse me Nurse. Could you tell me where Moka Akashiya is?"

Nick asked a slight amount of worry in his voice. The nurse looked at him then looked at her empty medical bed.

"I think I know where she is at but I could check to make sure."

The nurse said, a slightly pensive look appearing on her face. Nick nodded and sat down in a chair as the nurse walked off. As Nick waited, he couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching him. Nick slowly scanned the Infirmary room, seeing if there was anyone nearby. There was none he could see or detect. A few minutes later, the nurse returned with a warm smile on her face.

"Miss Akashiya was released about an hour ago. She was back to her healthy, normal self."

Nick sighed in relief when he heard this. He thanked the nurse and walked out. The next day, however, Moka wasn't in class. Nor was Tsukune.

"Strange."

Nick thought to himself,

"The nurse told me Moka was fine. Why would she miss class? As for that Tsukune kid, if he's with her, he better not be trying anything.”

After class, Nick headed off towards Tsukune's dorm room to see if he was there. When he opened the door, he noticed that the room looked like it hasn't been touched in a few days. This only caused Nick's suspicions to grow. Nick then ran off to Moka's dorm. Again, when he opened the door, it looked like nothing had been touched. Nick became worried at this so he went around, asking students if they had seen either of them. When nothing came up, Nick headed to bed, worry and suspicion clouding his thoughts as he tried to sleep.

The next morning during class, one of the male students walked up to Nick.

"You seem to be under some stress there. And I think I know why."

The male's voice was taunting and cold. Nick looked at him with a blank expression.

"If you know my problem. Why don't you tell me?"

The male grinned.

"I know where your little friends are at."

Upon hearing this, Nick tensed up and his eyes narrowed.

"If you know where they are then tell me."

Nick said his anger showing in his voice. This caused the male to chuckle.

"Feisty one aren't you? I'm not gonna to tell you where they are because that would ruin the fun. But I will tell you my name so you know who you should be scared of."

Nick just stared at the male, venom seething out in his stare.

"My name is Saizou. If you want to see your friends, meet me out in the school courtyard after class."

Nick tensely nodded and began to wait for the end of class.

Chapter 15: Nick's Capture

When class ended, Nick headed straight for the courtyard. He sat there, waiting for Saizou. Nick continued waiting. After awhile, Nick thought he was being played a fool and started to walk off. That was when he felt a sharp blow to the back of his head. Nick came too after what felt like a long time. When he tried to move, he found out he was restrained by chains. Nick struggled against them, trying to break free. As he did this, a cold familiar chuckle filled the air. Nick's blood started to boil as he watched Saizou walk out of the shadows.

"WHERE ARE MY FRIENDS?!"

Nick shouted, again trying to break free from the chains. Saizou just looked at Nick, a wicked grin on his face.

"Now now, there is no reason to be so violent."

Saizou said, in a mocking tone.

"You don't need to worry about your friends; they've been at your side this entire time."

As he said this, bright lights flashed on. Nick's eyes quickly adjusted to the now bright room. What Nick saw caused his blood to turn cold. To the left of him was Tsukune. He was badly beaten and chained up. To the left of him was Moka. Her clothes were torn, she had a large bruise on her head, and she wasn't moving. Nick's anger began to rise once more at the sight of Moka.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!?!"

Nick shouted, enraged. Saizou just looked at Nick with a savage grin.

"I haven't done anything to her, yet. But if you don't answer my questions, I might decide to have some fun with her."

Nick tried once again to break the chains. As he did, he started to try and think of a way to escape. Saizou just watched him with a slightly bored expression.

"It's fruitless to struggle. Those chains aren't going to break. Why don't you just answer my questions?"

Nick looked at Saizou, eventually stopping his attempt to break the chains.

"Good now lets get the answer I'm looking for."

Saizou said, squatting down before Nick.

"What was in that Ebony Box and what does it do?"

Nick looked at Saizou, venom seething from his gaze. As Nick looked at him, an idea struck him. Nick inhaled slowly and exhaled deeply, calming himself.

"Fine, you want to know what was in that box. I'll tell you."

Saizou grinned, knowing he was finally going to get what he wanted.

"Inside that box were the gloves you see on my hands. What they do is when worn, they give the person who wears them great strength."

Nick said, watching how Saizou would react.

"Great strength? Is that so?"

Saizou asked a gleam in his eyes. Nick nodded,

"If you remove the gloves from my hands, I will become as weak as a human."

Saizou's face turned devilish.

"So if I were to put them on, I'd become stronger?"

Nick nodded. Saizou reached out and started to remove one of Nick's gloves. As he did, a voice rang out.

"NO DON'T HURT HIM!! NICK DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!!!"

Both Nick and Saizou turned. Saizou frowned and Nick's heart leaped with joy. The voice was Moka's. She was awake and appeared unhurt. Saizou just ignored her and removed Nick's gloves.

"I think just to make sure nothing ruins my plans. I'm going to leave you three here."

He grinned and walked away. As he did, Saizou heard deranged laughter coming from behind him.



Chapter 16: The calm before the storm

Saizou slowly turned around, confused as to who was laughing. Upon his face appeared an enraged look when he saw that it was Nick laughing.

"What's so funny weakling?"

Saizou said, in a mocking tone. Nick just looked at Saizou and continued to laugh. Saizou then went over to Nick and got in his face.

"I said what is so funny?"

He spoke with a growl in his voice. Nick looked Saizou dead in the eyes and smiled. It wasn't a normal smile; it was a dark and twisted grin.

"What's so funny is that you were dumb enough to fall for my plan."

Nick said, with a scoff in his voice. Saizou looked at Nick in confusion.

"What are you talking about? You're as weak as a human."

Saizou's face paled and his eyes widened as Nick started to laugh again. The reason Saizou became pale and wide-eyed was because as Nick started to laugh again, there was a loud snapping sound. That sound was the sound of the chains snapping apart as Nick broke free. Before Saizou could react, Nick sent his right fist straight into Saizou's jaw, causing him to spin away and fall to the ground.

"What... What the hell?! I thought you were as weak as a human?!"

Saizou said, pain and disbelief in his voice. Nick rubbed his wrists after he broke the cuffs off of his hands.

"I was weak as a human until you removed my restraints."

Saizou's eyes clouded with anger as he stood up.

"So what that you broke free from those chains? Any monster could have easily have done that, well any strong monster."

Saizou said evilly.

"Looks like you're going to be a problem. Well, let’s see how you handle my True Form!"

As Saizou said this, he began to grow larger. Muscles rippled along his entire body and his face turned bestial. He began to laugh darkly as he charged at Nick.

Chapter 17: Saizou Defeated

Nick watched in a somewhat surprised manner as Saizou began to grow bigger. His eyes narrowed as Saizou charged at him. As Saizou charged, Nick closed his eyes and inhaled and exhaled slowly. Right before Saizou made contact with Nick, Nick tucked and rolled out of the way. Saizou ran into the wall that Nick was just in front of moments ago.

“Grrr. You little punk. Why don’t you fight me like a man?”


Saizou said, turning to look at Nick. Nick squared up and waited, knowing Saizou was bound to try and attack him.

“I will fight you like a man, I just don’t think it’s fair when someone charges another in a fight when they are off guard.”


Nick retorted, bracing himself. Saizou ran at Nick once more, but instead of continuing the charge, Saizou reached out with his enormous hand and swatted Nick like a bug. Nick went flying, as he did he could hear Saizou laughing.

“You’re so easy to fight! I can just smack you around all day if I felt like it!”


Saizou said, gloating about how he thought it was so easy to beat Nick. Nick’s flight through the air was cut short as he hit a wall. Surprisingly, instead of slamming into it, Nick rebounded off the wall and landed a punch that sent Saizou off his feet and away by several yards. As Saizou tried to recover from the surprising blow from Nick, Nick charged at Saizou, sliding between his legs and ending up behind him.

“You think you can smack me around all day? Good luck trying to do that, you’re too slow.”


Nick said with a taunting tone in his voice as Saizou spun around and tried to hit Nick again. This time, Nick jumped away before being hit. Again and again Saizou tried to hit Nick, but to no avail. Due to Nick being smaller than Saizou in his current state, he had the advantage because he could move around quickly.

“Hold still so I can crush you!”


Saizou said, obviously getting mad by the fact that Nick was dodging his hits. Finally, Saizou landed a hit on Nick that would have crushed anyone into the ground. Saizou began to laugh as he felt the connection, but was cut short when he felt his hand being pulled down and between his legs. With a loud THUD, Saizou was flipped by Nick and slammed into the ground. Nick walked around to where Saizou’s head was and grinned.

“You don’t know who you’re up against.”


With that, Nick lifted Saizou up and threw him skyward. He then leapt into the air, above Saizou, and brought his boot down onto Saizou’s chest, sending Saizou plummeting towards the ground. There was a loud CRASH as Saizou impacted with the ground, cracking it and making a small crater where he lay, unconscious. Nick walked over to Saizou and took his gloves from Saizou’s coat pocket. He then walked over to Tsukune and snapped the chains that were holding him to a stone. Tsukune slowly regained consciousness, only being able to see the shape of Nick walking over to Moka and freeing her from her chains as well.

“Thank you Nick. Thank you for saving Tsukune and I.”


Moka said, as she gently hugged Nick. Nick smiled softly and gently kissed her forehead, causing Moka to blush deeply. He then broke the hug and walked over to Tsukune, lifting him up and placing him on his shoulder.

“How bad is he hurt?”


Moka asked, worried that Tsukune could be badly wounded. Nick looked Tsukune over and gave Moka a reassuring smile.


“He’s not hurt too bad, just some scrapes and bruises. He did pass out again though. I think it’s just from exhaustion.”

There was an obvious look of relief on Moka’s face as her and Nick walked back up to the school.