Twisted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Tale | Teen Ink

Twisted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Tale

December 16, 2013
By KatieFaga SILVER, Holland, Michigan
KatieFaga SILVER, Holland, Michigan
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
God wrecked the plans I created to wreck myself


It was a day like any other. 7:30 flashed in a dim green light while and obnoxious beeping awoke four slumbering turtles. One after another, shells rolled up off the floor and made their way to the bathroom, kitchen, and then finally back to the room in which the day began, to suit up with their weapons of choice.

“Today’s going to be a long day.” Raph’s voice sank to the floor while the rest of the group rubbed their eyes in between yawns.

“That’s for sure. Hey uh Don, do you have the Katara Blade?”

“Nah bro, pretty sure Leo grabbed it.”

“Hey Leo…Leo…LEO!” Mikey shouted from across the room, hoping to finally catch Leo’s attention, which at the time was directed towards a Domino’s car driving outside the window. A line of drool found its way out of Leo’s mouth as his eyes locked onto the now stationary pizza transportation. “Leo! Come on man, we actually have stuff to get done today.” Mikey yanked on the back of Leo’s shell, pulling him out of his cheesy dream.

“Ow! Dude, sorry, I guess I’m just really hungry.” The brothers huddled in the middle of the room, leaning into a small circle of discussion. Whispers of destroying radioactive spiders at the local power plant hung in the air. To take on the treacherous eight legged beasts was enough of a challenge, but to walk into a plant that somehow mutated these spiders into radioactive giants, posed a whole new threat. Raph pulled a rolled up blueprint from his backpack. All eyes were on the map as it as unrolled, revealing every physical secret of the plant.

“Okay group,” began Raph, “there are sixteen cameras surrounding the plant. The footage of these cameras lead to the central control room located on the third floor of the plant’s main building. Mikey, you are going to jump over the fenced entrance, and make your way to this room, and deactivate the cameras as quickly as possible. The spider’s leader, Megarachnid, has a device on him that alerts the spiders every time there is an intrusion. So do not by any means, get caught. If you get caught, we will not be there with you to save you. The spiders have two glands under their mouth that leak radiation, so they will either devour you whole, or breathe fatal gasses into you, leaving you to go through agonizing pain for three days, and then finally die a slow and torturous death.”

“Gee, thanks for the easy job Raph, why can’t you guys come with me?!”

“If we travel together it is more likely that we will get caught. You are fast, and a lot better with computers than the rest of us. You can do it Mikey, I have faith in you. Now, once the cameras are deactivated, there will be a small switch under the table in the central control room. This switch opens the main gates. Once you open it we will enter and gather by a pile of six barrels just outside the main doors to the building. After that, we will locate the spiders and do what we do best, obliterate them. Sound like a plan?”

The energy of the team heightened as they followed one another out the door of their room, through the kitchen and finally into the street outside. After walking a good mile they arrived at their destination. The turtles stared at the deserted plant, each other, and then back at the plant. Beads of sweat inched down Mikey’s cheeks as he approached the fence which at the top, was accompanied by a generous amount of barbed wire.

“Okay Mikey, I’ll give you a leg up, just don’t get caught on that wire up there.” Donatello whispered as he grabbed Mikey’s leg and boosted him up. Hitting the ground inside Megarachnid territory, Mikey gave one last look at his brothers before he turned and nervously jogged towards a concrete tower.

“Huuu Huuu,” Mikey sucked air into his lungs attempting to calm his breathing. The violent pulses of his heart could be heard from miles away. Scanning the area of any suspicious activity, he slipped inside the front entrance doors and found his way to a steep staircase that would hopefully lead to the brains of the building. Each step seemed like it took a million years to climb.

“Okay, first floor, find another staircase Mikey, find another staircase.” Keeping close to the wall, and a hand on his Nunchaku, he slinked through the floor in hopes of locating a spider-free passage to the third floor. Turning around a corner of drywall, Mikey’s elation sprung as he was greeted by a small set of stairs leading straight to the third floor. Up he went, making sure to silently place his foot on each step. Any slight noise could catch the attention of a filthy enormous arachnid. Reaching the top of the flight, his eyes darted around his surroundings, and ever so stealthily, he moved into the center control room; the headquarters, the brains, the nervous system of the four walls of solid mud.

Closing the door behind him, Mikey tip toed into a chair placed adjacent to several computer screens.

“Okay, now to deactivate the cameras.” His fingers began to dance with the keys typing in codes he hoped would allow him to get through to the general settings of Megarachnid’s system. “And I’m in! Okay, first camera, off. Second, third, off.” Security feeds began to blacken. “Fifteen, and sixteen, off. Haha! Megarachnid is going to learn today! Never mess with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!” Slipping his hand under the desk, he flipped a switch granting the three waiting brothers, access to the plant.

“He did it! Mikey did it!” Leo and Don grew ecstatic as the fences slowly moved open.

“Okay, let’s not get too hopeful here. We still have to get to the barrels near the front entrance of the building. We will follow in a line, Leo, you behind Don. Don, you behind me. There seems to be no sign of any freaks of nature around here, but still. Keep your eyes peeled, I am not in the mood to be murdered by any spiders today.” Raph laid down the orders, restoring discipline in the other two turtles.

Forming a line, they began to travel into the gloomy plant. Hands tightly gripping their weapons, and eyes studying their surroundings, the turtles found their way to a tall grey superstructure. Just as Raph had explained before embarking upon the mission, six metal barrels sat outside the doors. Hopping up from behind one of them was proud Mikey.

“Mikey!” The group ran to their brother, affirming him for his work.

“Okay, we don’t really have time to have a party right now; there are a total of four spiders on the plant. This is including Megarachnid. They are all along the north gate which is not even two hundred feet away from where we are standing, right now.” Mikey’s words jumped on each other as he relayed the sight of the foul insects.

“Oh gosh, you’ve got to be kid-“

“Shell it Don.” Raph interrupted as he contemplated a game plan to annihilate the spiders. Gathering the team behind the collection of barrels, Raph devised the strategy. “Okay guys, we are going to go at them from all different angles. Don, you are going to go around this building with Mikey. Leo, you and I are going to go on this side of the building, on the count of three, we are going to surprise attack them. Leo and I are going to take on one spider, while Mikey, you and Don take on the other two spiders that appear to be smaller than the rest. Once the three are killed, we will be left with Megarachnid. Megarachnid will be a challenge to take down, but we can do it. I know we can. Sound like a plan?”

The boys replied with simultaneous nods. Pushing the barrels aside, they clung to the wall, and began making their way to the front of the building. Don and Mikey leaned against the bricks as pre-battle nerves ate them alive.

“Hey, Mikey, do you smell that?”

“Don, seriously shut the shell up man you’re going to get us freakin killed out here.”

“No, seriously Mikey, something smells really bad, and it’s giving me a really bad headache.”

“Okay Don. You can worry about your pretty little head later, but right now we are about to kick spider butt.”

“Mikey, I uh, I think something is happening to me. Mikey I’m being dead serious dude.” Mikey fell off the wall to turn around and quietly scold Don, who he thought was delusional.

“Uhhh…Don…what’s happening to you?!”

“Raph, dude, I hate to tell you this, but I’m not feeling too good.”

“Leo, don’t think about it, it’s probably just the nerves ya know?”

“Raph, I…I…Uhhh…I don’t think it’s the nerves. Raph, what’s going on?!” Raph turned over his shoulder to see something scarier than the bone chilling spiders.

From both sides of the building came two savage, blood curdling beasts bounding towards the spiders.

“MIKEY, WHAT THE SHELL IS HAPPENING?!”

“RAPH YOU’RE NORMAL! DUDE I DON’T KNOW THEY JUST, THEY UH, THEY JUST TURNED INTO FREAKIN GIANT DINOSAUR LOOKING MONSTERS!” taking safety on the side of the building, the two normal brothers watched as their mutated brothers began ripping the arachnids heads off their bodies, leaving the spiders twitching in agony. Just as they began to make an effort at rationalizing the head pain, and illness that resulted in two horrific barbaric turtles, their limbs began to ache, and their heads throb.

“Oh no, Raph, I’m not feeling too great.”

“Yeah, I’m not either Mikey, I think I’m going to-“before they even had time to think, their muscles began tripling in size, leaving the turtles screaming out in distress. Their clothes tore in every way as their convulsing bodies grew to a colossal size, and their teeth sharpened into points. What were once crime fighting ninja turtles, were now four cruel, savage, red eyed beasts of destruction.

“Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom.” Every step they took with their transformed bodies fiercely shook the earth. In search of something more challenging and exciting to destroy, the gang of mutant monsters vacated the plant, leaving behind turned over barrels reading, “DANGER: HIGHLY RADIOACTIVE CONTENTS!” and severed arachnid appendages.

Citizens screamed, and fled to safety while the brothers hauled through the streets. Sirens wailing as trashcans were flung through the air, and sidewalks were ripped from the earth, using the concrete slabs to shatter residents’ windows.

“You beasts! You stop right now or we will have to do this the hard way!” A helicopter carrying Master Splinter and the local police force hung overhead.

Nothing was going to stop the team. The town watched as the turtles leaped into the air, caught hold of the helicopter tail, and ripped it towards the Earth. Down it went in a flaming fury, landing on, and destroying multiple homes. Fire crawled up and down the stretch of lawns; lighting up citizens lives in the mammoth vandals’ anger.

Walking up to the helicopter, the brothers pulled sheets of metal from the crash scene. All of the passengers lay lifeless in pools of gruesome expiration. All, but one. Master Splinter’s gaping eyes met what he formerly knew as his sons.

“Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello, my sons, what have you done?! What has happened to you?! Please, please, do not hurt me!” Master Splinter pleaded for his life as the mutants unforgivingly grabbed his hopeless body and-

“Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.” 7:30 flashed in a dim green light as Leonardo’s eyelids fluttered. Pushing boxes off of his chest, and cheese off of his chin, he made his way to the bathroom, kitchen, and then finally back to the pizza trashed room in which the day would start.