TalonClaw of MeadowClan: part I | Teen Ink

TalonClaw of MeadowClan: part I

By S.T.Quicksilver GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
S.T.Quicksilver GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity" - Edgar Allen Poe

MeadowClan:
Leader~ GladeStar- dark gold she-cat
Deputy~ RavenFlight- black and grey tom
Med. Cat~ LarkSlate- grey/brown she cat
Warriors~ DrakeBreath- dark green she-cat

BirchLake- light brown she-cat

SiltIsle- sandy colored tom
Apprentices~ TalonPaw (TalonClaw) - brown/gold tom [mentor= DrakeBreath]

FalconPaw (FlaconSlayer) - light grey/blue she-cat [mentor= RavenFlight]

StoatPaw (StoatFinder) - reddish brown tom [mentor= BirchLake]

FerretPaw (FerretMimic) – brown and striped tom [mentor= SiltIsle]

“TalonPaw, pay attention!” His mentor snapped at him.

“Sorry, DrakeBreath!” He murmured in embarrassment. This was the fourth time this moon that she had ridiculed him in front of his friends.

“You should be sorry! Just because you’re GladeStar’s son doesn’t mean that you are in any way different from the other apprentices.” DrakeBreath chastised him.
“Yeah, you’re not better than us, you little-” DrakeBreath silenced StoatPaw with a glare, but he and FerretPaw continued to snigger and make rude faces at TalonPaw.
“Now, FalconPaw, can you tell me which hunting moves I used, and can you demonstrate?” DrakeBreath asked in a more pleasant tone.

“You used the panther-stalk, the crow-leap and the adder-bite,” The older apprentice said, “and I am able to demonstrate.” She got into her hunting crouch and stalked her imaginary prey. When she was close enough, she leaped onto the prey and bit into its neck. “Something like that.” She purred.

“That was wonderful, FalconPaw!” DrakeBreath nodded to her. “I shall speak to RavenFlight about your warrior ceremony.” FalconPaw beamed at the mention of her warrior ceremony.

“When do I have my warrior ceremony?” TalonPaw asked.

“When you are actually ready to become a warrior!” DrakeBreath retorted.

“You’ll never be ready, scum!” StoatPaw jeered.

“Yeah, you’ll never be ready.” FerretPaw echoed. This time it was FalconPaw who halted their teasing.

“Stop it, you two!” She said sternly. She turned to TalonPaw. “Don’t listen to them, TalonPaw, you’ll be ready soon, if you just listen. Then perhaps we’d be made warriors together!” FalconPaw nuzzled him. She, out of all the others, had never ridiculed him when DrakeBreath shamed him, and he seemed to be forever wishing that there was something he could do to repay her kindness. “You know what? If you promise to be good and listen to DrakeBreath, I’ll see if I can postpone my warrior ceremony until you’re ready. Sound good?”

“I’ll try… I guess I promise…” TalonPaw said slowly. FalconPaw looked at DrakeBreath.

“If you really want to, FalconPaw, I can see what I can do. If he gets out of hand, I can always tell him that you won’t wait anymore.” DrakeBreath smiled.

“Good luck with that, TalonPaw!” StoatPaw yelled. “You couldn’t listen even if you had elephant ears!”

“You, a warrior. Never going to happen.” FerretPaw sneered.

“Just you wait.” TalonPaw howled back. “I’ll be a warrior before you will. This I promise, before all of you in StarClan!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~And so, TalonPaw became TalonClaw, and FalconPaw became FalconSlayer. The rest of their friends became warriors as well. And StoatFinder wanted to be FalconSlayer’s mate. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first part of a Warriors fanfic about a warrior of MeadowClan.