Characters in an Elevator | Teen Ink

Characters in an Elevator

By Kinners GOLD, Haven City, California
Kinners GOLD, Haven City, California

"I'm a TEMP from CHISWICK!!"

-Donna

With an ear splitting shriek of metal on metal, the elevator ground to a halt.

“Bah!” snarled the antisocial cyborg in the corner. Gandalf turned his eye over the horrific metal figure, its modernness astounding even a wizard of his proportions. Even more unnerving was Grievous’s mangled voice as he continued. “I do not have time for this.”

“Nay,” agreed the alicorn sitting proudly in another section of the elevator. Her regal posture, intelligent eyes, and billowing mane combined to make her appear more powerful than Shadowfax himself. “Princess Twilight awaits us to relieve her. We are overdue for nightfall as it is.”

“We have all the time in the world!” piped a cheery voice. Everyone rolled their eyes at Spongebob except for Gandalf. “After all, we’re not going anywhere, are we?”

“That is what we just said, thou porous yellow abomination,” retorted Luna, having no patience for Spongebob’s I.Q.

“Actually, that’s what you said,” pointed out Grievous, unsure why Luna was speaking this way. “Although you truly spoke for all of us when you did.”

“You got some paint on your butt, lady,” mentioned Spongebob, who had come dangerously close to Luna’s hindquarters to inspect her cutie mark. All he had to do was lay a finger on the crescent moon emblazoned on her flank when Luna promptly turned around and kicked him into Grievous.

“BEGONE!” she thundered in outrage as she did so. Spongebob smacked Grievous in the mask with his whole body, getting too close for comfort.

“You have beautiful eyes,” purred Spongebob on a whim. Ripping him off and tossing him into the air, Grievous suddenly whipped out a lethal blue blade in the same instant, about to bisect him. Gandalf, who had been watching the whole endeavor, acted fluidly and with incredible speed, halting Grievous’s lightsaber in its tracks with his staff, which remarkably didn’t burn under the laser.

“Stay your blade,” he commanded sternly, unafraid to look Grievous in his demonic eyes. “This sponge is victim of an innocent sense of humor. Do not waste your energy upon him!”

Grievous and Gandalf pushed off from each other, glaring each other down, ready to fly at each other at the slightest excuse. Meanwhile Spongebob retreated behind Luna, cowering behind her wings. She rolled her eyes again and rolled him off of her with a wingbeat, but she had a faint smile on her lips.

“Forgive us, yellow one, for our short temper,” she apologized, bowing her head once. “We have not been late for raising the stars in many an eon. We are simply frustrated at the elevator.”

“That makes two hungry trolls,” mumbled Gandalf, glancing at Grievous. He cleared his throat, as if that could erase his comment. “But I’m sure it will start again in due time.”

“What did you call me, Jedi?” demanded Grievous, taking a threatening step towards Gandalf.

“It’s none of your business,” defended Gandalf reservedly. “What did you call me?”

“I don’t like your attitude, punk. This elevator isn’t big enough for the both of us.” Grievous drew his lightsaber again, the blade humming ominously. Though the burning blade scared Gandalf, he retained his composure. He’d faced worse than a grumpy metal warlord...or had he?

“I assure you that there is no need to put yourself in this position,” warned the wizard, steely eyes burning under his hat. “If you make a rash move, I shall have to put you in your place.”

“You don’t have the guts!” taunted Grievous, shrugging off his cape and drawing another one. He swirled his lightsabers in a show-offy fashion before settling on the Makashi style of lightsaber combat.

“Don’t do this,” growled Gandalf, hefting his staff.

“What did I tell you? Spineless whelp!”

With that, the two flew at each other, bent on hacking each other to pieces when--

“BE STILL!”

Gandalf and Grievous halted immediately, in awe of Luna’s wrath. Rearing up on her hind legs, spreading her wings, and raising her hoof to the sky as if delivering a royal proclamation, she was truly a sight to behold. When she opened her eyes again, they glowed white hot.

“THOU ART FOOLISH TO ENGAGE IN THIS MEANINGLESS COMBAT. CEASE AT ONCE!”

The wizard and the cyborg immediately retreated to opposite ends of the elevator, as if they had both burst into flames and were fleeing from each others’ heat. Luna came back on all four hooves, satisfied with the peace. Gandalf nodded to himself, satisfied that he had guessed correctly in the natures of his fellow commuters. The Separatist general in the room was sorely tempted to wipe the look off of Gandalf’s face with that wretched sponge. Spongebob bounced up and down in the corner.

Suddenly a glowing purple laser blade skewered the ceiling from above, nearly incinerating Luna. She sprang backwards from it, warily watching it as the others did. Grievous was once again armed with two lightsabers, ready to dice the Jedi that would inevitably fall from the sky as soon as the circle of metal did.

Instead, when the hole was completed, a girl of about thirteen fell with it, stumbling from the fall a little. Her thick, dark hair was cut into a simple bob cut, while her eyes flashed gray, green, and hazel all at the same time. Noticing Grievous, she grinned wryly.

“Well, look who dropped out of the sky,” greeted Grievous, stepping up to her. Everyone else stayed back in fear of her--she had an aura of unexplainable chaos, a volatility that could prove fatal. “Kailaa Revan. Who would’ve expected?”

“Actually, it’s not the first time I’ve done that. Dropping out of the sky, I mean,” responded the girl, shrugging. Folding her arms and leaning casually, she gestured at the aperture she’d just created with a thumbs-up gesture. “Well, you want out or what?”

“No, I’m enjoying my time with these Jedi scum!” retorted Grievous. Moving under the hole, he sprang out with a burst of energy that startled Luna. Kailaa, creating an odd salute which involved separating her hand into two groups of two fingers plus the thumb, followed him out with an inhuman jump, leaving the alicorn, the wizard, and the sponge thoroughly bewildered.

What happens when you take an alicorn princess, a wizened wizard, a homicidal cyborg, and a hyperactive sponge and put 'em in a stuck elevator? A whole lotta troubles.

Kinners GOLD said...
Kinners GOLD, Haven City, California

"I'm a TEMP from CHISWICK!!"

-Donna

Duly noted. Thanks for the review~

GreyGirl ELITE said...
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
This is a very good idea and I personally think it's hilarious. However, you could have worked  on giving each of the characters a mor unique and realistic voice. For example, I do not think that Greivous would use the word "punk." Otherwise,, good job :)