Wolfgang Chapter 14 | Teen Ink

Wolfgang Chapter 14

August 2, 2010
By CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
47 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
We're all mad here


“Sunee and Kyoko are moving in.”

“With us?”

“Yes with us.”

“They don’t even know English!”

“Yes they do.”

“Where are they going to stay?”

“We have two extra rooms.”

“Why are they going to live with us.”

“First it would make my family larger second Sunee is my sister.”

“Why do we have to have Kyoko then?”

“Like I said it will make our family larger.”

“Fine.”

When school was over Kai went to help Sunee and Kyoko get their stuff and go shopping. They would stay awhile at their house until they moved in with the Pattinsons. I walked around town for a while and I ran into a man that was about twenty.

“I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

I picked up everything I made him drop.

“I’m Claire.”

“That’s a lovely name.”

“Thank you.”

My eyes got hot and they started feeling like electricity were in them and I suddenly blacked out to where I couldn’t see a thing and I didn’t know what I was doing. Suddenly I gained consciousness again and I was in an alley with him. I blacked out again and he was against the wall. Again blacking out then gaining consciousness. He was cold and limp with a purple ring around his neck. Blacking out again I couldn’t feel anything but when I could see again The only thing against the wall was a skeleton. There was skin everywhere and I was covered in blood. I quickly took off my shirt and used my jacket as one. I quickly got up and an back to Kai’s house. When I bust through the door everyone looked at me oddly. I didn’t even know they were home yet.

“Claire,” Kai asked me. “why do you smell like blood?”

“I cut myself.”

Everyone was in a circle trapping me in already.

“It’s not your blood I smell.”

He pulled me onto the couch and tried to take off my jacket.

“Don’t take my jacket off.”

“Why?”

I didn’t say anything so he took it off.

“God you’re drenched.”

I looked down seeing myself soaked in blood.

“I’m sorry.” I cried.

“What happened?”

“I was walking around town and I ran into a guy. We started talking and I blacked out then we were in an alley and I blacked out. He was against the wall and I was pinning him to it. I blacked out again and he was dead. I blacked out again and the only thing left was his skeleton and some skin. My shirt was covered with blood so I took it off and put on my jacket hoping no one would notice.”

“Claire you live in California someone is going to notice that you are wearing a jacket.”

“I didn’t think you would notice.”

“So what you are saying is that you think you murdered someone?” Will interrupted us.

“I guess? I’m not sure.”

Kai gave everyone a look and they all left.

“Claire you don’t really think you killed that man do you?”

“Yes I do!”

“What happened?”

“I got all hot and then my eyes burned and I blacked out.”

“That’s all?”

“Yes.”

“You need to stay home for a while then.”

“Ok.”

Everyone was at the table getting me and Logan’s food ready. I sat in my usual seat and picked at the caviar. Even though I usually love this food It know longer looked appetizing. I took a small bite and threw up. Kai picked me up and led me up the steps while everyone just stared at us. I went to bed quickly after that not feeling very great. When I walked downstairs the table was longer and two more chairs were added. Everyone quickly took their seats and I saw that the two extra ones were for Kyoko and Sunee. I looked at the unappetizing food in front of me and took a bite. Again I threw It back up and Kai picked me up but this time he took me to the couch. I laid down and curled myself in a ball for my stomach hurt. My teeth started hurting and I cried from all the pain that was inside of me.

“I think I’m sick.”

“I wouldn’t doubt it.”

I ground my teeth together surprise when that eased the pain. I stopped though when it gave me a headache. I cried more until I fell asleep and woke up two hours later. I was still on the couch but this time everyone was around me. James whistled and the sound of it hurt my ears.

“Stop James!” I yelled

He laughed doing it louder until Logan hit him in the back of the head. Crying from the pain I buried my face in Kai’s lap and he gently pulled me away, holding me up in front of him like I was a kitten.

“Do you want to go to sleep?” He sweetly asked.

“Yes.”

He picked me up and carried me to his room. He laid me on the bed but I got up and laid on the couch since it was cooler. Kai left the room quickly returning with some medicine. I drank the red syrup without a complaint even if it tasted horrible. The medicine made me drowsy so falling asleep soon I woke up in the middle of the night. Kai had his IPod in so I turned on the TV and sat next to him. He took his iPod out and held me.

“Do you feel better?”

“A little.”

My head was spinning but I wasn’t about to tell him that. He put his hand on my forehead then on my arm.

“You’re still burning hot.”

“I know.”

“Are you hungry?”

“Now that you’ve mentioned it, yes I am.”
He got out of the bed and picked me up carrying me down the stairs. James and Will were both sitting at the table with a bottle and two books. When they saw us they smiled.

“Will you two sit down for a minute?” James asked us.

We sat down and Kai set me in his lap. Will poured the liquid into two cups making us drink it. It tasted horrible but had a mint and honey after taste. It made both me and Kai couch horribly and gave me a headache but the mint and honey taste was too good for me to care.

“What was that?” I asked Will after finishing it.

“An experiment.”

“What was it?” I was worried now.

“It’s a mixture of your and Kai’s blood.”

“You made me drink blood!”

“You didn’t seem to care.”

“Well it tasted good.”

“That should probably worry me but I just want to see if this works.”

“If what works?” Fear colored my tone.

“Say something in your mind.”

I did as he said.

“Why would he make me drink my own blood?”

“Hmm?” Kai asked.

“I didn’t say anything.”

“Yes you did.”

“No I didn’t.”

“You just said, ’why would he make me drink my own blood.’” He quoted.

“That’s what I thought, I never said anything.”

“It worked!” Will yelled over excited. “You can read each other’s minds.”

“Oh great now I have to share everything with him.”

“Is that really so bad?”

“Get out of my mind, Kai.”

“I can’t.”

James laughed and motioned for us to leave. I ignored eating and went straight back upstairs. Laying in bed I closed my eyes and blocked out all sounds. But music started playing in my head and I automatically turned to Kai who was playing his IPod.

“Turn that off.”

“Don’t be so controlling.”

He took it out and laid it on the bed table.

“I’m not.” I cried.

“Yes you are.”

“Bye then.” I said it rudely , walking out of the room.
Walking to my bedroom I stopped at Logan’s peeking inside the cracked door. She was smiling and looking at something dazzling on her finger. A ring. Oh my God. I ran to my bedroom wondering why my life had to be a pain and hers got to be a fairytale. I laid on my bed and screamed in the pillow. Then cried, screamed again, and finally dozed off wrapped in the blankets and sheets. Waking up I was on the couch in the front room. Clide was the only one in the room with me but wasn’t watching football as I would expect.

“Morning sleeping beauty.”

“Why aren’t you watching football?”

“I have to leave in a few minutes.”

“Where is everyone?”

“Getting dressed.”

“Why am I down here?”

“You sleep walk.”

“No I don’t!”

“Well I saw you walking down here in the middle of the night.”

“Oh.”

Everyone ran down the steps at once dressed in regular clothes and nothing formal. Kai sat at the foot of the couch and I sat up to face him.

“I have to leave so you are going to be here by yourself.”

“Ok.”

He kissed my head and they all walked out of the room. I could hear the cars swerving out of the driveway and I turned on the television. Not even watching but just staring at the moving pictures on the screen. I looked through a case of movies they had and put in Twilight. Halfway through the movie I blacked out then fell asleep. Something hit me and I woke up screaming. In a pile of white fluff I could see the couch was destroyed and there was a torn pillow in my hands.

“What did you do to my couch?” Clide screamed at me.

“I fell asleep I didn’t do anything!”

He hit me again with more force than last time. Kai walked into the room followed by everyone else. I held out my arms putting on my angel face. He picked me up but saw the couch and put me back down. Grabbing something off the side of my mouth he laughed and held it up in front of me.

“Did you chew the couch up?”

“No! I was watching TV then blacked out then fell asleep!”

Oops.

“You blacked out?”

“Yes.”

“Your automatically guilty.”

Putting on my angel face I forced tears to my eyes and showed him the large bruises on my arm from Clide. He growled at him and picked me up still growling.

“I love you, Kai.”

He didn’t answer me and I blacked out. Gaining consciousness he was holding me out and staring at me with shock.

“Did you just growl at me?”

“I don’t know.”

“You growled at me.”

“I’m sorry.”

He took me outside and laid me on the grass. Sitting next to me he moved a stray strand of hair back to it’s place. I sighed, disappointed in my life. If it wasn’t for Kai I would have an average life, an average boyfriend, I would be living with my mom, and Hunter wouldn’t be at my house. If it wasn’t for Kai I would live in Kentucky with my father. I could feel the tears heavily streaming down my face. I got up and ran through the woods. I could hear the wind going by as Kai ran after me. Stopping in a meadow I turned to him. He was blurred because of my tears but I could make out his shape.

“You ruined my life!”
“How?”

“I should be like my friends and have an average life! You should be dead and my family shouldn’t be dogs! I should have a human boyfriend and I shouldn’t be abused! I should be treated like I’m seventeen instead of three! I shouldn’t love you! You shouldn’t exist my dad should be alive! My life has fallen apart because of you!”

“Claire.”

“No! No! NO! This is my life not yours! You don’t boss me around and tell me what to do! This is my life Kai Pattinson! I’m not your puppet! I’m not a replacement for your son! Your just like a dad and I hate it! I can’t take this anymore!”

“Claire.”

“I’m strong and independent I don’t need you as a crutch! I’m never going to be able to love you Kai if you treat me like that! I’m not your child! I’m supposed to be your girlfriend! This isn’t a fairytale! This is the real world! You don’t exist! You shouldn’t be here!”
I ran deeper in the woods and saw the town. I ran down to the beach and ran up a cliff. I jumped off and into the rocky waters below. Swimming in a circle I ran into a guy I had seen in school before.

“Hey you are Claire right?”

“Yes.”

“Why are you swimming in a night dress?”

“I was at my boyfriend’s house but I realized I don’t love him anymore.”

“That must be hard.”

“Yes, especially since my best friend is getting married.”

“Tell her I said congratulations.”

“I will.”

I stayed on the beach with this guy from school until twilight. We jumped into the water together and he pointed to the sky.

“Vanilla twilight.”

I looked up at the beautiful sky. Heavenly clouds with vanilla light coming out of them.

“Vanilla twilight.” I repeated. “It’s beautiful.”

“Lovely I know.”

“Gorgeous.”

“Like you.”

“Hmm?”

“Nothing.”

I realized I had never gotten his name and he had never officially gotten mine.

“May I ask who you are?”

“Thomas.”

“I’m Claire.”

“So you broke up with Pattinson?”

“Yes. He was controlling and abusive.”

“That’s a shame.”

I got out of the water and walked back to Kai’s house leaving Thomas at the beach. Logan was at the door, waiting for me I figured.

“Where have you been?”

“The beach?”

“With who?”

“A guy from school.”

“Kai is going to kill you.”

“Let him. He doesn’t scare me anymore.”

“What is with the sudden burst of courage?”

“I finally figured out that Kai has ruined my life.”

She nodded and let me through. Everyone was at the table and turned to the door when I walked in.

“Where were you?” Kai asked.

“The beach.”

“You just ran off what happened?”

“I got sick of you that’s what happened.”

Paige laughed and James joined in. Cynthia hissed and Maria smiled.

“What with the sudden burst of courage?” James questioned.

“I decided to get a life and leave this family. Get a boyfriend that is my age, live with my mother until I’m eighteen, go to school, get a job, not be rich.”

“What’s wrong with being rich?”

“It makes you weak because you know you are balancing the world on your fingertip. People in this world work and I want to be one of them.”
Kai stared at me shocked and I returned the look with hatred.

“Sudden mood swing.”

“It’s not a mood swing Kai Pattinson.”

“You’ll be back at this doorstep tomorrow morning begging to come back.”

I blacked out and gained consciousness again. I was on the floor crouched as if ready to attack and growling. I stood up and brushed myself off. Everyone was staring at me with wide eyes.

“What…did she just…that’s just impossible…she couldn’t have!” Logan stuttered.

“What did I do?”

“You need to stay here.”

“I’m not going to be trapped in this house.”

“Claire, you need to stay here for a while.”

“I’m not going to be some experiment.”

“Claire.”

“No! You all don’t control me! I’m going to school tomorrow and I am going to see people that I love and that love me equally back.”

I walked up the steps leaving shocked faces behind me. I went into Kai’s room and laid on the bed crying. The door opened and he walked in.

“I didn’t think that the girl that hates me would go into my room.”

“I like this room.”

“Yet you hate me?”

“Yes.”

“Since when did you hate me?”

“Since I figured out that you are the reason my life is a pain.”

“So I’m a pain?”

“Yes. An immortal pain.”

“That’s insulting.”

“Well being treated like I have been is insulting but no one seems to care.”

“I care.”

“You didn’t seem to since you were the one treating me like that.”

“Claire are you just going to hold on to the past?”

“Yes.”

“Well then I hope you enjoy being unhappy.”

“It’s a whole lot better than being with you.”

“Watch your mouth.”

“See! Just like a dad. That’s insulting.”

“Well you need to watch what you say.”

“I’m not going to be forced to love you.”

“I’m not forcing you to love me and I don’t act like a dad.”

“But that’s how you act.”

“No it isn’t.”

“I say that being unhappy is better than being with you and you tell me to watch my mouth!”

“Claire you are overreacting.”

“About what?”

“About everything!”

“Kai you are a pain to me and I hate you know lets end it at that.”

“No how about we leave it at you didn’t have a life before you met me.”

“I did have a life but you ruined it and now we are back at square one!”

“So you hate me because I treat you like a child?”

“Yes!”

“I only treat you like that because that’s what you act like!”

“I don’t act like a child.”

“You don’t go anywhere without me and the last time you did you almost got yourself killed! You can’t be left alone or you turn suicidal and depressed!”

“I do not!”

“Let me recall when I left you at that hotel in Kentucky. Or when Logan died. And you have to have someone loving you at all times!”

“I do not.”

“Let me recall when I left you with Clide so I can go and make your life ten times easier!”

“I loved him!”

“Than how come you never act like it anymore?”

“I…I…I’ve been so busy having to deal with you.”

“No you just couldn’t stand having someone not loving you and watching over you every second. You like acting like a child because people actually pay attention to you when you do!”

I couldn’t argue with that but I didn’t want him to know that I had been defeated. Blacked out but waking again I saw I had pinned him down and about to choke him. I started crying and could see the spots on his shirt where the tears fell. I fell asleep waking up in the dark. I blacked out for a while waking downstairs with my hands around James neck trying to choke him to death. I blacked out again but quickly woke from fighting the still blackness.