Wolfgang Chapter 11 | Teen Ink

Wolfgang Chapter 11

August 2, 2010
By CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
47 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
We're all mad here


We walked to the lunch room together and sat at our usual table. Catherine met up with us and we started talking but they stopped and looked behind me. There was a pair of cold hands on my shoulder then arms that wrapped around my neck.

“Claire.” He spoke my name formally.

“Kai.”

“Do you want to do something tonight?”

“We can go to a movie I guess?”

“I had something else in mind but if you really want to do that.”

“What did you have in mind?”

“It’s a surprise.”

Miki and Catherine simultaneously hit me in my leg and I shot them a look. They smiled at me widely and I rolled my eyes.

“Paige will be mad.”

“Paige is still on her personal island and everyone will be gone. Logan is going to be out with Pete so we have exactly thirty minutes before she brings him to the house.”

“When did you plan this?”

“When you fell asleep last night.”

He looked at Miki and Catherine in a confused way and they both smiled at him. He kissed my cheek and walked off out of the school building.

“You have a special date tonight!”

“I guess.”

“You don’t sound happy.”

“It bothers me to be alone with him.”

“Why?”

“Something bad always happens.”

“Describe bad.”

“Bad as in I always end up in the hospital room afterwards.”

“Like he hurts you?”

“Yah.”

“Well it won’t happen this time most likely.”

“I hope.”

“Have fun, good luck, try not to get hurt and in the hospital.”

“That’s so encouraging.”

We got up and the rest of the day went with me worrying about getting hurt. When I got home every car was gone except Kai’s. I walked into his room and sat on the bed and waited. The door quickly opened then locked and Kai was on the bed in front of me. I took a glance at his eyes: red. I looked over at the bed table to occupy myself seeing a wood bowl filled with black and blue berries. The bowl was surrounded by beautiful purple flowers. I picked up a berry and I was laying on the bed and the berry was in Kai’s hand.

“What was that for?” His response to what I did kind of scared me.

“Don’t eat those.”

“It’s just a bowl of blackberries.”

“No it’s a bowl of American Pokeweed berries, Nightshade berries, and a million other poisonous berries. Surrounded by Purple Nightshade.”

“Why do you have that.”

“I eat them.”

“You just said they are poisonous.”

“Only to humans.”

He got off of me and I sat back up taking another glance at the wooden bowl.

“How long have those been there?”

“A while.”

“I never noticed them before now.”

“You never looked before now.”

I rethought that for a minute at how many times I looked at the other table but never that one. I saw his eyes flash orange and he kissed me. He pushed me up against the wall kissing my throat. There was a knock on the door and Kai growled against my skin. It wasn’t the same growl I’m used to hearing that he used against his brothers and sisters. This one sounded more of a sign that he was annoyed than anger.

“Can I come in?”

I recognized Logan’s voice.

“No I’m busy.”

“With what?!”

“Nothing.”

“Then unlock this door.”

“No.”

“I have a credit card you know.”

“Good for you.”

There was a click and she was standing in the doorway with Pete next to her. She was wearing a stomach shirt and mini skirt and when she saw Kai she tried to run out the room but he already saw her.

“What are you wearing?”

“Nothing you can prove.”

“Why are you here you were supposed to be gone longer than this.”

“I needed my ID and I left it in your room.”

“Why do you need your ID?”

“No reason that you can prove.”

“Tell me Logan or you can’t go.”

“I’m going to a bar in Los Angeles.”

“No, now leave.”

“Fine then.”

She walked over to us, patted my head, grabbed the bowl of berries and walked out of the room with Pete trailing behind her.

“What was that about?”

“I really don’t know but if I see her with that outfit again I’m burning her alive.”

I played with his hair again and he kissed my stomach then bit it. I let out a scream of surprise and backed away from him. He was already at the whole other end of the room against the wall like I was. I looked down at the little mark he made with his teeth and was glad when blood didn’t flow out for quite a while. He walked back to the bed and moved my hand from my stomach. I got up and walked out the room and down the long white hall to Logan’s. I opened but it barely opened and I could see the lock shutting it.

“Logan let me in!”

“No!”

“Let me in now!”

The door opened and she looked down the hall.

“Come in.”

I entered the room and looked around seeing Pete on the couch. He got up and shook my hand.

“I’m Pete.”

“I’m Claire.”

“That blood type project was difficult it took me and my partner six times to get it right.”

“Yah it was pretty hard.”

Logan looked at me wide eyed.

“Where was Kai?”

“Next to me.”

“Oh God what happened?”

“He threatened to crush my skull if I didn’t shut up.”

“Why are you in here anyway.”

“Some bad things happened.”

“How bad was it?”

“It didn’t bleed.”

“Good.”

She looked at Pete.

“How much do you love me?”

“A lot.”

“If I asked you to marry me would you say yes?”

“Yes.”

“What if I had a horrible secret like if I killed people?”

“I wouldn’t care.”

“Then I have something to tell you and you can’t tell anyone and just to make sure you have to propose to me before I tell you.”

“Ring and everything?”

“Yes.”

I left the room and ran back to Kai’s. He was still sitting on the bed and right when I sat down I was already against the wall.

“I need to tell you something about Pete and Logan.” This may be bad to tell him right now.

“And what would that be?”

“I’ll tell you later.”

“Ok.”

I clasped my hands around his face and he grabbed me pushing me against the wall harder. I grasped his hair and he bit me sharply.

“Stop!”

I couldn’t tell if he was yelling at me or yelling at himself but it was too late he was already across the room.

“I…I…I’m sorry.”

“Give me a minute.”

“Ok.”

I waited for the few minutes that seemed like hours and he slowly walked back to the bed.

“You should go to sleep.”

Even though it was only ten thirty I did as he said anyways not wanting to mess with him right now.

“What did you want to tell me, Claire?”

“Logan is thinking about getting married.”

I heard his growl and I backed away from him.

“To who?”

“Pete Knight.”

“Why?”

“I’m not sure.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“What would that be?”

“Well…um…would you ever…consider…maybe…asking me…you know…to-”

“Claire no.” He cut me off sharply.

“It was just a question.”

“A question you shouldn’t of asked.”

“Yes.”

“Go to sleep Claire.”

“Fine.”
I laid still and silent rethinking why I ever asked him that question. Finally I fell asleep. I was in my bedroom at Debbie’s house with Kai in front of me growling. I had the laptop on my hands trembling. Kai was asking me questions and I was trying my hardest to answer them, though I was barely thinking about what he was telling me. He ran his cool fingers around my neck and I froze in fear and awe at him there. He put his lips to my mouth and I let out my small piercing shriek as I got up his arms stopped me. I woke up burning hot and shaking with fear at my dream.