Summer Storm: A Twilight Continuation / Spin-Off | Teen Ink

Summer Storm: A Twilight Continuation / Spin-Off

By Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas
Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

"I may be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou

"Did you know 'I told you so' has a brother, Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up.'" - Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn

My name is Summer. I am a vampire. The non-human killing type or "vegetarians" as my new family says. We survive on the blood of animals. It keeps us strong enough, but there are times when it's a struggle.

I'm 18 years old - really, I am. There's no going back. So, forever young and forever unchanging I'll stay. Sometimes this way of life can be difficult. The thirst is always there no matter how often I try to quench it. My family is teaching me how to control the desire for human blood. Unfortunately, that desire is part of being what I am -- an immortal.

The night air whipped my hair into my face as I ran through the woods and down onto the beach. The stars lit up the sky for miles. It's my favorite way to cleanse the mind. I come here every night to think and reflect and just exist.

My eyes wandered across the sand and came upon this mass a mile or so from where I stood. I decided to investigate. It's not like I couldn't spare the time.

As soon as I got close I froze. I didn't need to get any closer to identify the mass in front of me. The scent of the human was overwhelming and I wasn't prepared for the onslaught. This wasn't just one of those times when our way of life is a struggle. It was like nothing I've ever experienced. I didn't know what to do. What if the human was hurt? I couldn't just leave. The remaining traces of humanity wouldn’t let me walk away.

My thoughts were in jumbles trying to figure out my options. Just as the burn in my throat was becoming unbearable my eyes registered movement.

The human raised its head and I could now see that the “it” was a boy. I placed his age to be around mine. I could identify all 1037 people in this town by face and name, but I’d never seen him before. He looked right at me then and his eyes, which were the loveliest shade of blue I had ever seen, connected with mine. I was distracted by the beauty of his face and I unconsciously moved closer.

For once I was glad I would be around for all eternity, if only to look into his eyes. I didn't move or allow myself to breathe. It was too risky.

His mouth was agape with awe. I know I must look strange to him as my kind does to humans whose senses aren't as in tune to the way of things.

My skin is pale white, which contrasts sharply with my dark brown hair. My eyes are golden because of the animal blood, though they are probably closer to black now as I haven't hunted in a few weeks, and my face is very appealing to the human eye. These features are just part of the design. My kind is the most dangerous predator to humans.

I just hoped his instincts to be wary would help me keep from doing something I'd regret. That hope died the second I saw the muscles in his leg twitch just before he took a step in my direction.

"Uh, hello," he said with a mixture of wariness and curiosity in his voice.

I saw he was staring at me waiting for a reply. But speech simply wasn't possible at the moment. I was still frozen when he spoke again.

"I'm Max Storm. You are?" He asked with what seemed to me like shyness.

Although I heard his words I wasn't paying them strict attention. A vampire can think of multiple things all at the same time you see. And we're easily distracted. At that second my mind was busy fighting the urge to breathe. This confliction made me realize that I rely heavily on this sense. Even though it isn't necessary to my survival it helps me to “taste” the flavor of things.

"Uh, I'm new here." He said it as if he were asking a question.

I couldn't answer without letting down my guard. If that happened I could kill him and for some reason that was beyond even my comprehension I desperately didn't want that to happen.

"I thought I didn't talk much." He muttered more to himself than to me. He wouldn't know that my hearing is phenomenal of course.

I wondered why he was out here on the beach this late at night.

Then he took another step toward me. Did he not realize how dangerous I was?

Up close I could really see how handsome he was, but what caught my attention was his face. It was intriguing. I forgot myself and inhaled.

"You're very beautiful." Max breathed as his eyes fully took in the sight of me once he could see me more clearly thanks to the illuminating moon.

Suddenly the wind changed course and blew his scent in my direction.

It was --- intoxicating.

My eyes found his pulsing jugular, where the blood in his veins was most visible.

"Ahhh," I had to get out of there and quick! I forced myself not to run and risk exposing myself or my family.

My fists clenched tightly. I forced myself to turn away from him; from the scent that made me want to kill him. The thirst in my throat was raging and demanding to be satiated. It would be so easy. All I had to do was walk up to him; place my lips on his neck and…no! What was I thinking? I had to leave before I exposed my secret; before I could hurt him. I started walking back the way I had come.

"Wait! I don't even know your name. Please?" he called after me.

I didn't stop. It was too dangerous. Selfishly, I wanted this Max to know my name.

"Summer," I said.

I took off running at full speed as soon as I reached the cover of the woods.

Ch. 1 of Summer Storm. This is from Summer's perspective. As my title says, it is supposed to be a continuation or a spin-off of the Twilight Series. This IS from my own imagination, but any and all Twilight related material belongs to Stephenie Meyer.

joshlynallen BRONZE, Addis, Louisiana
I enjoyed this story. I noticed this story was a spin off of Twilight. I didn’t understand towards the ending where the story related to Twilight, but the beginning was definitely similar. My favorite part was when she said her name ”Summer” as she was walking away. That part was dramatic and made me want to read more.

TakeMeFar said...
TakeMeFar, Central Falls, Rhode Island

Keep your hopes up high, and your head down low.

For some odd reason I find it so hard to make a spin off of Twiliight... Nice story though. :D

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

my Character Description has been posted if you care to read it, especially if you aren't familiar with The Twilight Saga.

Chinadoll BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Love it and commented on it! :)

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

chapter 3 is up. Please read and comment.

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

thanks! if you don't know already, Ch. 3 is posted.

Lexi-pex GOLD said...
Lexi-pex GOLD, Billingham, Other

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

a lot like twilight....but i found myself really enjoying it. great work! moving onto chapter 2...

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

I haven't read Twlight or seen the movies, but your story sounds pretty sweet. I'm going to read chapter Two right now.

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

for those of you who haven't commented, ch. 2 is up!

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Of course:)

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

ch.2 is up! please read and comment!

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

ch. 2 is up - please read and let me know what you think!

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

ch. 2 is finally up! please read and comment. you get to find out more about Max!

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

ch. 2 is up, so please read and comment!

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

you can stop waiting in the woods - ch. 2 is finally up! please read and comment!

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

ch. 2 is finally up! please read and comment!

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

ch. 2 is up! Please Read and Comment!

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

ch. 2 is up! Please read and review!

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

ch. 2 is up! Please read and comment!

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

Ch. 2 is finally up! Please read and comment!