Phantom of the opera Phantom's P.O.V. | Teen Ink

Phantom of the opera Phantom's P.O.V.

By Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio
Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio

A word to the wise ain't nessecary it's the stupid ones that need the advise

PREFACE

I brushed my fingers through her hair, whispering words of passion sweetly into her ear. "Christine I love you." She looked at me sweetly and took my face in her hands. Soft fingers trailed down my good cheek caressingly as the other hand held my masked side.

"I'm sorry" she cried as she tore off my mask. Screams emitted from the crowd and all around me there were cries of horror.

"Christine why?" I asked, tormented by my own foolishness. Kicking a lever I jumped off the stage's prop bridge with her in my arms.
*************************************************************************************

Part 1

Her sweet voice fills my ears as she vocalizes. Higher, higher the notes ring through my being. It is only her and me. Nothing else exists. No pain, no fear, no loneliness. She is my muse. The source of my music. I love her and am with her always. Yet I am also separated from her always. I have never met her in person, she has never seen my face. I am her teacher, her angel of music.

Suddenly her song stops. What is the meaning of this? We were practicing! Then, I hear HIM.

"Christine it really is you!" he exclaims. "I thought when I saw you on stage tonight that it had to be you! My little lotte, how you've grown." How dare he interrupt MY practice! How dare he look at her with eyes full of longing! She is mine! Mine alone!

"Raoul! Oh how I've missed the time we shared!" Christine tells him. So his name is Raoul? I seethe in silence from my hidden tunnel behind her mirror.

"How we'd always make up stories to pass the time…" He begins.

"And how we'd sneak a few of father's chocolates up into the attic…"

"Ah haha!" he chuckles. "Come Christine! We shall go to dinner, I'll bring up the carriage while you get ready."

"Wait I can't" she calls after him.

"Of course you can! I'll be up in five minutes!" he shuts the door behind him as he leaves to get the carriages.

"No!" she screams.

My anger finally overtakes my patience and I lashout in a flood of pain and furry. "How dare this fool of a boy presume to court you! Ignorant! Stupid! You are not to have romantic affiliations as long as I teach you!"

"Yes angel, I'm sorry. I was caught in a moment of weakness. Please stay with me master!" She begs softly. My anger ebbs as I see tears shimmering on her cheeks, her small face bent in shame.

"It is time we met. it is time to see your angel." I sigh as I pull back the smooth glass of the mirror. She can see me now. What if she rejected me? What if all this work was for nothing? She smiles slightly, her large round eyes filled with wonder. Walking forward she takes my hand in her gloved one and I lead her through the tunnel into my world. Into the unending night.

this is part one of phantom of the opera from the phantom's point of veiw.

Artistic_Geek_Roo_10 SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of places, but only if one remembers to turn on the light."
Albus Dumbledore

@Deadpool13 So true

Denchan said...
Denchan, Monks Corner, Michigan

"You're just as sane as I am"

Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

STUPENDA!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric Breazy said...
Bravissima!!!!

aspiringsinger SILVER, Chester, Virginia

"What's the point of all this if you're not going to let this change you?" Jake Taylor in To Save a Life

*in love

(SORRY)

I've been on live with phantom since i was 7 wen my mom intorduced me to the musical and ive memorized every single one of christines lines already! but even still I now understand this scene 10000000 times better!!! keep these coming cuz this is AMAAAAAAZING!!!

FallenAngel1 SILVER, Chula Vista, California

"Good Night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that i shall say good night till it be morrow."-Romeo and Juliet act II scene II, William Shakespeare
"What's In a name? That which we call a rosse by any other name would smell as sweet."-Romeo

This is very good writing, you are quite talented. I am also OBSESSED with The Phantom Of The Opera, i watched the 2004 and 1943 versions.  Loved how you wrote in his perspective. Keep it up!!

*If you have time would you mind reading some of my work? One would be a romance novel called Forbidden, i would appreciate it.

Deadpool13 said...

Very nice, very nice. Almost perfictally what the Erik would be thinking, just one thing-The Phantom is beyond genius. He would have reveiled himself ONLY when he knew she would accept him.

(P.S PHANTOM OF THE OPERA RULES!)

Singinstar GOLD, Commack, New York

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway"

that was really good! i love the show nd movie too, so great job!

Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio

thank you and you are right i really didnt think about that b4 i wrote it

Acumichi23 said...
This is just such a great story, and i enjoy hearing it from the side of the Phantom. It does take away form his mystery, but it was well written.

Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio

actually i did really get some helpful advice from this and thank you for your time!

sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

So this title immediately caught my eye, because I am OBSESSED with the Phantom of the Opera. Seen on stage twice, seen it in the movie COUNTLESS times, read the book... everything. So, I must say... and this is just personally, nothing to do with your writing... I really didn't want to hear the Phantom's pov. I mean, isn't that the point? he's some mysterious being that roams the opera. TO me, the best part of the story is that you have NO CLUE who this guy really is. So I am sorry to say that I can't say I relish in the story idea, because I'm stuck in the dark ages and like my Phantom to remain ghostly and mysterious. But that's just me... because I'm weird.

Ok, enough of my personal opinions, because you probably don't care. I really did like your writing though. It's very straight-to-the-point, cut all the junk. The thing I wonder is should it be? I mean, if you're going to portray the Phantom, isn't he some deep dark character? I think you could have played with his emtions a little more. Since most everyone knows the story, you could have been darker with his feelings, because that's the reason we're reading it anyway. Get into the MADNESS of his character. Be a little crazy becuase that's the mind of your character. (again, just an opinion thing. It's not like there was anything WRONG with your writing. just that it could ahve been a bigger piece.)

I don't know if you're going to continue this idea... I think i saw you had a second part. But If you write another part, may I recommend that you do a scene that we have never heard of before. You know, down in the basement of the attic, talking to himself or find a character that interacts with him. Like maybe Madam Gerie??? I don't know, all of these are just suggestions, and I hope you didn't get bored with my ramblings. I hope somewhere you found some helpful advice.... Somewhere maybe.

Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio

nice i look foward to reading it!!

ELM522 DIAMOND said...
ELM522 DIAMOND, Selden, New York

"All those other girls, well they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?"-"Hey Stephen" by Taylor Swift

This is good! I again, commend your enhanced vocab! I've never read or watched The Phantom of the Opera, but people have told me about it. Right now, I'm working on a fan-fiction of Ghostgirl, it's about if Damen dated Charlotte and Scarlet dated Eric!

Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio

Thank you!! I actually haven't read it either but i am obsessed with the movie and musical. If you liked it you could check out the second part!! But only if you want to!

Babycakes56 SILVER, Peyton, Colorado

Things happen, things change.

i haven't actually read the phantom of the opera, but this was really good!

Emmaline said...
yay! i can't wait to read it!

Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio

The second part is up!

Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio

It has been posted!

Inherinerd GOLD, Ashland, Ohio

Hey, the second part is up, and from what i've heard the movie is almost exactly like the broadway version!