The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy | Teen Ink

The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

November 15, 2009
By BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
15 articles 1 photo 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I think our favorite quotes say more about us than the people we are quoting," John Green


A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.


The author's comments:
**SPOILER ALERT!**
I read and reread and Googled the epilogue,and firmly decided Rose Weasley and Scorpious Malfoy were only too meant to be.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 133 comments.


on Nov. 5 2010 at 6:44 pm
satellite23 GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio
14 articles 0 photos 100 comments

Favorite Quote:
Prove it.

Why does everyone compare this to the books? Really, it was good as a stand-alone piece. You cannot emulate Rowling's writing style....so what you did was great.

on Sep. 30 2010 at 8:44 pm
Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana
4 articles 0 photos 303 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

Yeah it is a little awkward, but what else can you really do with a great series like that? It's going to sound weird no matter how you write it. I thought you did a very good job.

on Aug. 5 2010 at 5:17 pm
TheMalfunctioningWallflower BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
"GET THE CAT!!!"

"I did wood paneling."

"Do not FEAR the Crooked Zipper!! EMBRACE the Crooked Zipper!!!"

"What's better than infinity?"

"Wear your helmets, we'll be reaching speeds of three!"

"You could walk on your hands and catch up to him!"

I read this first before I knew what happened and didn't know that was how it was supposed to be sort of. Not Rose and Scorpius falling in love but that everyone got married and stuff. But then I read about the epilouge and read this again and it makes sense.

on Jul. 26 2010 at 1:42 pm
BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
15 articles 1 photo 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I think our favorite quotes say more about us than the people we are quoting," John Green

This is really not my best writing! I actually just finished reading the whole series a week ago, and now I read it and I cringe hahaha. So if you want more HP fanfic, wait until the next chapter of "James and Lily Lived" comes out!

on Jul. 26 2010 at 12:02 pm
squidzinkpen SILVER, Buffalo, New York
9 articles 0 photos 193 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The Irish gave the Scots the bagpipes as a joke, but the Scots haven't seen the joke yet"- Irish Proverb

If someone had written something like this, would it be plagiarism? Not just like, but having Rose and Scorpius together.

on Jul. 26 2010 at 11:53 am
squidzinkpen SILVER, Buffalo, New York
9 articles 0 photos 193 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The Irish gave the Scots the bagpipes as a joke, but the Scots haven't seen the joke yet"- Irish Proverb

She's apparently still writing, but she said she's done with Hogwarts. I wish someone else could take the story on. It could go on forever I think.

on Jul. 24 2010 at 12:56 pm
DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey
14 articles 1 photo 278 comments

Favorite Quote:
Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

love the idea, but its just so... abrupt and the characters dont sound like themselves.

on Jul. 21 2010 at 6:41 pm
kielymarie SILVER, Sandy Hook, Connecticut
6 articles 0 photos 85 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When you do dance, I wish you a wave 'o the sea, that you might never do nothing but that." -William Shakespeare

It's very choppy and a little awkward. Also when the characters spoke they didn't sound like themselves. And I don't think it's necessary for Scorpius to list the names of all the people he hangs out with- it's a common amateur mistake.

on Jul. 19 2010 at 12:05 pm
fyreflies BRONZE, Randolph, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Doctor Suess
"Oh, of course it doesn't hurt to slide in softball." (before I tore up both knees and before I slapped that person)
"Stay with me here now/And never surrender" Skillet

Cool. I think it's kind of a funny, cute idea. :P I love this sort of thing.

on Jul. 18 2010 at 3:39 am
crzybookworm BRONZE, Highland, California
2 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The only thing to fear is fear itself."

Its a little confusing, but I love the idea of the Wesley and Malfoy forbidean love.

on Jul. 13 2010 at 8:10 pm
Leona123 SILVER, Kokomo, Indiana
6 articles 1 photo 16 comments
It was a very interesting story. a couple of grammer errors, but you should really keep writing. ;)

on Jul. 10 2010 at 3:52 pm
SocialCollision SILVER, Hampton, Georgia
9 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"When we\'re taught to love everyone, to love our enemies, What value does that place on love?\" Marilyn Manson

I like your writing style. I hate what you did to the charactors. It just doesnt fit!

Curly_Sue said...
on Jul. 10 2010 at 1:31 pm
Curly_Sue, Sand Springs, Oklahoma
0 articles 0 photos 75 comments
i'm not sure what to say. it was odd but kinda interesting.:)

on Jun. 4 2010 at 4:00 pm
CookieMonsterAttacks SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan
6 articles 0 photos 46 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I called you a lady, 'cause you're fat!" ~ Gracie G.

This is interesting, but I have to say that it's not really like the book at all.

darkvisions said...
on May. 25 2010 at 5:29 pm
darkvisions, White Plains, New York
0 articles 0 photos 21 comments
thats fine...the messups are actually what you'd think would happen in the seventh one...but I thought it was amazing anyway, keep writing!!!

on May. 25 2010 at 5:12 pm
BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
15 articles 1 photo 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I think our favorite quotes say more about us than the people we are quoting," John Green

I know I messed up a lot! :|

darkvisions said...
on May. 25 2010 at 3:56 pm
darkvisions, White Plains, New York
0 articles 0 photos 21 comments
This is a really good idea...I love the Rose-Scorpius/Weasley-Malfoy romance theme...but I think it could have been slightly better. Although there could very well be a change of heart, the fact remains that Malfoys are cold-hearted as a rule. There were also a few errors, such as Malfoy's wife, who is not, in fact, Pansy (refer to book 7). However, the quality of the writing is spectacular, and I loved it, particularly where you described Harry, and other parts as well. I myself am a huge Harry Potter fan, so I love analyzing Harry Potter from any point of view...keep up the good work!

eye4beauty said...
on May. 13 2010 at 5:25 pm
I liked the view point of it and the idea, but It needs to flow more to sound like an actual story that could be made into a movie script..... I wonder if she will write any more books :(

Dant3 said...
on May. 6 2010 at 6:57 pm
yeah, like the last two have said, its very akward sounding and it isn't following the storyline correctly. you got character's names wrong and feelings were misinterpreted. it was a really good idea... but it wasn't... quite right..

on May. 3 2010 at 6:36 pm
iwanttobeforeveryoung GOLD, Forest Hills, New York
11 articles 2 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When the power of lover overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

I understand that this is your own interpretation, but I have to agree with with "Hornswaggler" said, in the epilogue Harry and Draco still didn't like each other but they had a truce and had accepted each other and Draco was on the light side.  I don't think he would have been that mad, or at least for those reasons.