Flash stories | Teen Ink

Flash stories

June 1, 2022
By Anonymous

The sea was his muse. He, who thought beat death, came back with the conclusion that men could never outsmart supernatural intelligence. The sea was calm and quiet, reflecting the beauty aspect of the life around them. 

    Three men enter a wedding party. One of the men is pulled to the side by a strange yet very mysterious man. The man tries to break free but gets memorized by the mariner’s glittering eyes. The Marriner apologized for his rude manners and asked to borrow a little of his time to tell him a story. He explains that he lived on with a curse and must tell his story over and over again. He Quote is a man who had dealt with death for his malice feats. At sea, he begins, where all my misfortunate ended me, when death and his felon companion rolled the dice, for I have disrespected nature's divinity, and must now forever tell my story. 

    The Marriner heads on to conquer the sea but gets stranded in the middle of nowhere after being faced with a massive storm. The storm pushes off the ship to the end of the earth, which the Marriner describes as “the icy mist of land”. By now, the Marriner and his sailor are freezing to death. To their surprise, a raven swore above the sail down to the mariner’s ship. Thinking quickly, The Marriner shoot and killed the raven, and the ship started moving again. But a mysterious fog cloud hangs around the ship making it hard to see. Angered at the situation, the Marriner challenges death. In the distance, a big ship appears. The Marriner tries to call for help but no sounds come out due to his throat being dry. Without hesitation, he cut his skin open and drank his blood, with this he screamed “sail, sail, sail” and pointed at the ship. As the other ship got closer and closer, the Marriner knew something was off. Death is on the way. The ship had a mysterious figure all covered with a black cloak. Next to him was a bride. Her long silky blonde hair was falling out and her mouth hung on the side. But what stood out about her was her bright red lips. Her lip made her look alive yet dead at the same time. Death has accepted his challenge. He flies and gets on the Marriner's ship and shows the mariner his hand. On his hand were 2 dice, he rolls the dice, and then he gets 6 and 1. Everyone but the Marriner lives. Now comes the bride of death whose turn would determine the Marriner's feats. She guessed 6 and 6 and threw the dice up in the air. 6/6 meant none would die. All his sailors were dead, and it was the Mariner's turn to roll the dice and face his consequences, but to his luck, he guessed his dice right and got 1/1. Death and his bride left him alone in the sea, but before they’re leave they gave him shiny eyes. With this reminder, the mariner was doomed to his curse. 

The Pardoner’s Tale

On a sunny day at Beachbrokuct bar sat 3 drunk revelers on a porch in downtown Franklin, Ireland. So sober, that one of their beloved friends wasn’t able to beat death. They decide to take it on themselves and find death to avenge their friend's death. On their journey, they meet a man who says that Death can be found under a particular oak tree in a grove, but once the man arrives at the tree, they discover only a pile of gold. This built greed within them and they set out to kill each other. The youngest out of the three went to the market to buy wine and bread to celebrate, but once he got there, he poisoned the drinks. The two left at the tree planned to kill the youngest as soon as he got back. Once the youngest died, the other two drank the wine and lay dead as death took what was left of them. 


The Old Witch Mirror 

There lived a myth that hunted the northwest of Salem. About 500 hundred years ago lived a witch who fell in love with a mysterious woman. 

In the vast land of downtown Mass, lived a witch named Bella. Bella owned a magic mirror. Bella fell in love with a woman. The woman was pretty and very attractive. Bella was obsessed and in love with her. She couldn’t spend a day without looking at her, and every time she did do so, she fell more and more in love with her. Her eyes glittered and her smiles humiliated all sadness away. 

Bella met the woman downtown while trying to purchase beauty products. Memorized by her beauty, she bumps into a guy named Paul. Seeing what Bella looked like, Paul pushed her down and mocked her as he went on their way. This was not the first time, Bella was she get ridiculously for her appearance. Bella was born with a rare facial deformity and was blind as well. She decided to kill him as a punishment for mocking her. Little did she know, Paul was the pretty woman's husband. Bella ran home and asked her mirror hanging on the wall, “mirror, mirror who is the fairest of them all?” this time the mirror did not answer her. Every time Bella asks her magic mirror who was the prettiest of them all, the mirror answers “her” as a response. The mirror belongs to an old witch, who happened to be the one that owns the beauty shop and also where Bella got her mirror. She ran back to the witch and asked her for something to kill paul with. The witch gave her the danger of killing paul. With this, she initiated a plan to kill him. Paul was a very wealthy man, so killing him wouldn’t be easy. Instead, she kills one of his maids and dresses up like her. The mysterious lady goes by the name of Defanie. Defanie was unhappy with Paul. Paul was as greedy and manipulative as a leprechaun. Once in his mansion, she found the woman she once fell in love with. Defanie, it is. Her skin radiates the sun. This became her motive, saving the woman she loved from the beast of a husband she lived with. Once again, she ran to the witch, this time to ask the witch to poison the danger, with this she planned to slice his morning bread and kill him. Bella approach Defainie and told her that at last rescues as arrived. She proposed to run away with her and to forever be at peace. Defanie indeed of the ideas she accused to go with her. Now comes the morning of her return. By now she knows where the kitchen is and sneaked in, to slice the paul's morning bread. She flees the scene soon after. Bella, happy as she was, ran to the oak tree where both she and Defanie agreed to meet. There she stood still waiting for Defanie, who never arrived. For the last time, she runs back home and looks through her mirror to see Paul holding Defanie dead in his arms. Heartbroken, she uses the same danger to end her life. So, Bella and the witch agreed that once her 3 wishes were used, Bella would have to make sacrifices to get her 4th wish. This sacrifice must be something really meaningful to her. What Bella did not know was that the sacrifice was Defainie. There she stood with her lifeless body soak in her own blood below the oak tree. 


The author's comments:

This is about nature and death.