The other side of the mirror! | Teen Ink

The other side of the mirror!

July 4, 2018
By Lyra_stardust GOLD, Tirupati, Other
Lyra_stardust GOLD, Tirupati, Other
14 articles 14 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Always be youself,there's no one better!


 I opened my eyes and looked at all the posters of my fave band on my wall. I got up from my bed and slowly opened the door to see if mom and dad are still in the living room. A smile spread across my face when I saw no one. The next thing I knew,I plugged in my earphones and started dancing to one of the best songs sung by the band I love. After dancing typically like an idiot,I fell on my bed,exhausted. Then, I saw this flickering light,bright and sparkling,flying across my room towards the mirror! In no time it disappeared into the mirror! Recollecting those wonderful stories which have such scenes,I sat upright. I took my phone and tried to walk into the mirror but it was of no use. Feeling disappointed,I turned around,switching on my phone to see the wallpaper saying ' Hakuna Matata', the phrase which I love from Disney. I read it aloud and then heard a chuckle,a cute one. I glanced back at the mirror to see the same sparkling light. I didn't know what it was,but being the tomboy that I am,I didn't think of it to be a fairy. I tried touching it but it flew into the mirror. I didn't notice that my hand went into the mirror as well! I stepped in and saw a lake. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw unicorns on the other side of the lake! I was awestruck! I heard the same chuckle from behind me,I turned around and saw a raccoon. It chuckled again and went running. I followed it and it lead me to a cave which is full of writings on its walls. "Hi beautiful young lady!",called out a voice. Came into light;a bunny with a smile on his face! "Don't be shocked. Although it's not unusual that my messenger,the firefly goes out of my kingdom into rooms of teens to bring them here and make them go speechless,this must be your first visit,isn't it?",asked the bunny. I was beyond my ability to respond,so I just flashed a smile. Having understood, he instructed me to write 3 wishes which I would want them to come true on a rock in the cave and handed me a brush. I asked him if it's some kind of a prank. "No dear,the wishes you'll write will be permanent and are gonna come true. Keep visiting our kingdom whenever you want to escape from your world.",said the bunny and hopped away. I write my wishes and with confused thoughts,I walked back to the lake where I saw the unicorns. I sat down on the grass and started throwing pebbles into the water. "Wake up Sarah!",shouted a voice.

I woke up to find Mrs.smith with her dictionary in hand,starring at me. She asked why I came to school when I could peacefully sleep at home instead. The class broke into laughter and I came back to my senses. Smith started continuing explaining the story. As I was trying to pay attention,I saw the same flickering light flying across the class room!


The author's comments:

I am a dreamer. I am always on cloud 9. So whenever I'm down to earth I'd like to show others how it feels like day dreaming. This piece tells the readers how I perceive the world and create my own little world!