Fairytale remake | Teen Ink

Fairytale remake

May 27, 2015
By lovingenglish2 BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
lovingenglish2 BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Once upon a time there was a very angry young girl. Her mother died when she was really young and her father married a bitter woman with two daughters, who did not like her at all. Her step mother never once paid any attention to her. The fancy dresses were things she once was able to have but now this putrid bitter woman was in her life. This fine young girl known as Janie, was much prettier than her stepsisters even dressed in rags. Janie was never allowed to go out of the house because her stepmother was afraid she would take away from her daughter’s spotlights. She would be told to do dishes and make the beds.  This night she would go against her awful stepmothers’ wishes and go out. She was going to dress up in a beautiful ball gown and ride a coach to the ball, the only catch was she had to be back by midnight so nobody even knew she was missing. She had a fantastic time dancing away with her prince charming but when the clock started chiming she knew it was time to go. She lost her shoe on the steps and didn’t realize it. On her way home the horses lost control and the coach started hurdling down the hill. The horses got loose of the coach, but the coach itself was still going down the hill. The coach crashed into a stone wall and broke into pieces. Janie was still inside. When Janies stepmother and father got home and realized she was missing they both started franticly searching for Janie. One because of a father daughter bond and the other wanting to get revenge on her sneaking out. Little did they know that Janie was slowly bleeding out one block over from them.