Interview with Mary Ann Nichols | Teen Ink

Interview with Mary Ann Nichols

April 8, 2015
By Buble PLATINUM, Ammon, Idaho
Buble PLATINUM, Ammon, Idaho
22 articles 13 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love and loyalty run deeper than blood. By: Richelle Mead


Question: When was the last time you saw Mary Ann Nichols?

Answer: I ast saw her at 2:30 am at the corner of Osborn Street and Chapel Road. Mary was drunk.

 

Question: What was Mary doing that night?

Answer: She was trying to earn money so she could buy a new bonnet. When I saw her last she said she had earned twice as much money as she needed but had spent it all on alcohol at a local bar.

 

Question: How did you know Mary?

Answer: I didn't know her that well. We were both staying at 18th Thrawl Street.

 

Question: Did she tell you anything about herself?

Answer: Not much. She told me she was married but her husband was leaving her because of her drunkness and immoral behavior.

 

Question: Were you aware of what kind of business she did at night?

Answer: No I was not aware till the night of her murder.

 

Question: If there was one word to describe her murder, what would it be?

Answer: Sad and terrifing.

 

Question: Why 'Terrifing'?

Answer: It's very terrifying to read in the newspaper all the gruesome details of a women you sorta knew being muredered. And everywhere I went I heared people talk about it.

 

Question: Exactly what did you hear people say?

Answer: Everyone spoke of how her body was found in front of a gate stable entrance in Buck Row, Whitechapel. Her throat had been deeply severed in two locations and her lower abdomen partially ripped open by a deep, jagged wound. The Killer had also made several other incisions in her abdomen with the same knife.

 

Question: When you say killer, who exactly is the killer?

Answer: we do not know of his true identity but they call him Jack the Ripper.

 

Question: If you could tell 'Jack the Ripper' anything, what would you tell him?

Answer: I would tell him how monstrous he is and ask him why he does what he does. Why cause all the pain and why take Mary's dear life away from her.


The author's comments:

I had to do a lot of reseach to make this short interview thing.