S.I.S. (Suffer in Silence) | Teen Ink

S.I.S. (Suffer in Silence)

By HellsingSoldier13 SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
HellsingSoldier13 SILVER, Dayton, Ohio

"We do not think outside the box. We are outside the box, looking in."

Have you ever heard of those mysterious stories where people inexplicably burst into flames? Those people did not die from internal combustion. Those people were killed by a demon. Nobody knows what the true name of this demon is but everyone calls it Sis, short for Suffer in Silence, the words some victims have claimed to have heard the demon say before killing someone. The victims who were burnt to nothing but ashes at their home or on the spot are the ones the demon caught by surprise…. The ones that die later on from their burns are the ones who tried to defend themselves, but failed. So far, not a single person has survived an attack from Sis, it is too strong for anyone to defeat or at least shake off. Some people have claimed to have survived an attack from Sis but they are lying because Sis makes sure that if its victim escapes, they will die from their wounds. Some victims have been able to give a general description of what Sis looks like before dying. They say it appears to be a humanoid creature that has the characteristics of a rotting ghoul. Its eyes are said to be concrete grey and its entire body is surrounded in black fire. Strangely enough, it is very common to find the vocal chords of one of Sis’ victims burned to a crisp, which is why people think it will say “Suffer in Silence.” Some people have also claimed that Sis is after them, but there are telltale signs that it is…. The first is waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweat. This is Sis’ way of marking who will be its next victim. If you continually wake up in a cold sweat, night after night, be warned, that means Sis has taken an interest in you. If you wake up drenched in sweat, but it’s not cold, you could be next. Another sign is seeing a dark figure out of the corner of your eye. This is Sis toying with you, trying to mentally and physically wear you out. The third sign is seeing grey eyes floating in dark areas. That is Sis watching you; it’s covered in shadows but allows its eyes to be seen. The fourth sign is an unexpected warm or hot breeze; that’s actually Sis breathing down the nape of your neck. Lastly, if you find random hot spots in the air or on your body, Sis has marked that area. There is no way to avoid being chosen by Sis, it randomly selects its victims. The only thing you can do is pray that Sis loses interest in you and moves on to someone else. If Sis does select you, it will burn your vocal chords before slowly torturing you to death. This way it knows you will not be able to scream and will Suffer in Silence.

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences