BLTs To Die For | Teen Ink

BLTs To Die For

By Dinoshaw PLATINUM, Copperas Cove, Texas
Dinoshaw PLATINUM, Copperas Cove, Texas

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
~ Lao Tzu

Chelsey tucked her hair behind her ears and softly giggled. While lowering her head she turned around and snuck a glance at Blane, whom was already staring at her. She has loved him for what seems like forever. In reality it has been two years.
          She has had her eye on him more than ever lately. He has been getting closer with this other girl, Crystal, and she is very afraid that maybe he likes Crystal and not her. Crystal was beautiful and funny. How could he not fall for her. She just started going to our high school last week and already she had the whole school mesmerized by her. Chelsey, however, has lived here for two and a half years and she has nothing. Her social status is loner. She's closer to Sam Temple from the Gone series, by Michael Grant, than any other person in school. She doesn't mind much though. People in movies and books can't judge her and she likes it like that. Chelsey doesn't get bullied for who she is. She is just kind of invisible.
           "Chelsey Moris !" Mrs. Honey yelled, "do you find the dynamics of sexual reproduction to be funny ?" She bursted into a laughing seizure. For the first time people noticed her. Blane started laughing with her. "Was he laughing at me?"she wondered."Don't do it again,"Mrs. Honey said, then continued ranting about the reproductive organs and how they actually need to know that. She rejected that comment right away.
             When the bell rang she threw all her crap in her bag and ran out. She was so embarrassed. He had laughed at her! Chelsey could feel the water gathering in her eyes. For her, crying wasn't something she did often. She sprinted to the nearest bathroom. As soon as she was secure in a stall she let go of her tears and began bawling."I had a chance,"she thought,"but now he just thinks I'm a weirdo. Now what am I gonna do?"
            Chelsey composed herself and walked out of the bathroom to find Blane standing across the hallway with Crystal. She felt bad enough, and now she has the pleasure of seeing him with Crystal. Blane turned and their eyes met. With Crystal in mid-sentence he started walking over to Chelsey."Where are you going!?"Crystal cried out, but he just kept walking. Chelsey stood petrified. "What was he going to say?"she thought to herself.
            She felt as if she was going to puke, but she choked it down. The first thing he said made her feel a great deal better. He said, in a kind, tender voice,"Hey, my name is Blane, want to go to Suzzie's Diner after school? I heard they have BLTs to die for."