It's Lonely | Teen Ink

It's Lonely

Madmango SILVER,

I’m going to tell you a secret.

Its lonely. I am lonely. Yet no one seems to care. No one.

The rain beats down constantly. I sit in a dark alley. All alone. It would be best if i just disappeared. No one cares. No one cares about me. The dark clouds, above, burdened by the heavy rain and the sins of humanity, gather reflecting the darkness of the world. The rain cleanses this world of its impurities. I sit in the alley, hugging my dirty knees. I close my eyes and open them again. My dark eyes watch as the trickles of the rainwater makes it way down from the crumbled walls and onto the cold floor and into the dark of the corner disappearing from sight. How great would it be to be concealed by the darkness? To disappear from sight?

Sins are floating around in the air, and so the clouds grow darker, yet. When will it stop? This endless rain beating down on my skull? When will I disappear? I wish no one will notice me. I wish they wouldn’t see my ragged clothes, my grimy hair, and my sad, depressed eyes. I know they pass me. I know it. I can feel their eyes boring into me. Judging me. And hating me. I see their looks of horror, disdain and disgust. They walk past me, look at me with their eyes full of hate, and they turn away, their noses in the air. So many people see me, but no one bothers to help me. Why? Has this world become such a horrible place? Please. I’m pleading. Please, someone, anyone, help me. Take pity. Have mercy. At least reassure me that this world isn’t a cruel place. Let me know that I still have a future. Let me know that the world still has some good in it. Please.

Don’t look at me like that. Don’t you know your venomous looks shoots daggers through my heart? Don’t you know that your words of hatred burns my very soul? Don’t look at me like that. I’m just like you. I’m human, too.